Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cherokee dq

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    It's Longhorn making the call? I assumed Rocket since I heard the Knoxville race was shortened because of the size of gas tanks in their chassis.
    Every car manufacturer in the country pretty much sells their cars with a 27-28 gallon fuel cell. A rocket car did run out of fuel leading the race and richards said he would have a bigger cell for Knoxville the following year. But multiple cars were running out of fuel. This is not a fuel cell problem it goes back to the aero situation

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    It's Longhorn making the call? I assumed Rocket since I heard the Knoxville race was shortened because of the size of gas tanks in their chassis.
    You had it right, not really for your reason given, but you had it right.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Rocket has Been molding the rules box theses cars are built in for years, Longhorn just stepped in and built a better box.....

As much as I'd like to blame R1 for the droop rule mess, my understanding is Mark hates it as much as the rest of us. The worst thing that happened was letting a non wing sprint car guy decide back in 2020 that we needed this nationally and then talk the series with more clout into following suit in 2022.

The only car I’ve seen run out of fuel in long race has been a longhorn. We get it you have some weird obsession with mark. Sorry he turned you down

Default Post #9

TerryM
    That would be to easy in place of tape measure

We are talking specific to the year preceding Knoxville adding a fuel stop, Dlmfan
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I hate the droop rule. The cars are perfectly level in the corners 😁

it is not cook,s fault , whether you like the droop rule or not , and I personally dont , you know it is there when you pull through the gate and sign your entry form , no ones fault but you and your team if you violate the rules that are plainly stated when you enter the race , period ......

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    it is not cook,s fault , whether you like the droop rule or not , and I personally dont , you know it is there when you pull through the gate and sign your entry form , no ones fault but you and your team if you violate the rules that are plainly stated when you enter the race , period ......
    Exactly, well said.

You are incorrect their are so many variables that effect the measurement it's near impossible to account for all of them it's a best guess most of the time. And all it takes is the right combo of variables and suddenly your deck is illegal and you never touched it. Many teams get their tires at the track given the current situation at the big shows. The chalk marks have been terrible the tires are all over the place. Add that in with a shock or spring change or any other variable and it's anyone's guess weather or not your good even if you had given yourself plenty of buffer.

I wonder who is going to come up with a bleeder that when he goes thru tech can lower the air pressure and drop the rear of the car. Boy would that open a can of worms. It can easily be done, it's out there already, they just need to figure out how to disguise it and make it smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    You are incorrect their are so many variables that effect the measurement it's near impossible to account for all of them it's a best guess most of the time. And all it takes is the right combo of variables and suddenly your deck is illegal and you never touched it. Many teams get their tires at the track given the current situation at the big shows. The chalk marks have been terrible the tires are all over the place. Add that in with a shock or spring change or any other variable and it's anyone's guess weather or not your good even if you had given yourself plenty of buffer.
    a driver should know these variables ,its part of the game , by your logic , there should have been a bunch more DQd , was there ??? , this is no different than the weight rule , you know the min weight requirement when you enter the race , if your 5 lbs light , your out , variables have on effect on these out comes ....

a driver should know these variables ,its part of the game , by your logic , there should have been a bunch more DQd , was there ??? , this is no different than the weight rule , you know the min weight requirement when you enter the race , if your 5 lbs light , your out , variables have on effect on these out comes ....
    Funny that weight rule. I recon that nobody ever sat down and explained it to Bloomquist ?