Default Can we just call it Dirt Late Model DRIVING and not Racing?

Its seriously getting old all these races are won whichever driver gets into turn 1.

They used to say you dont win a race on the first lap but that just simply is no longer true.

Until they get these bodies under control you better get used to it especially on bigger tracks

Default A challenge to DOD and any other media influence types, randy weaver.

The racing on tracks were speed is a factor has become so aero dependent. I ask you individuals, why is the question not being addressed to the officials on how to get these bodies under control. From my seat in front of my tv I have seen time after time the car following into a corner just wash up the track because of an aero push.

I used to make my first stop at Golden isles and screven on my way to florida. Screven has one of the greatest surfaces and track layout I have ever seen. The racing is usually top notch, you just have to be willing to be bored to death because they hold you hostage to all hours of the morning, and for whatever reason there not stopping by any longer.

Golden isles is the prime example as to why I started this thread. Big fast race track, speed is also a big factor there. Guess what, start up front and chances are that's were you will finish. I haven't been to either one in years.

East bay were early you have 2 grooves and the racing usually is pretty good, but it's also falling into the aero push crap. The advantage there is when the tide comes back in and brings moisture to the surface it makes for some good racing.

Back to my rant, why is it not asked to lucas or WoO officials ? Are they trying to kill the sport just like has happened in first indy cars and know nascrap ?

It's a mess.

Part of it is because some of the troublesome parts are made by suppliers who are sponsors. Part of it is because the drivers can't understand the difference between changing their car and all cars. Unfortunately, those guys have too much influence over the process. It's actually taboo to say the bodies are an issue. I don't understand either.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Because the DLM media is more concerned with being everyones buddies.

It won't matter until attendance starts to drop, especially at the Crown Jewel events...until then, nothing will be done as long as the fans keep showing up unfortunately.

I don’t think the body part manufacturers really understand how much money they stand to make if the bodies are reigned back in, and body part manufacturers are some of the folks resistant to body changes.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Great Racing at the 1/2 miler of All-tech in FL last night. However, overall, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by weatherman85 View Post
    Great Racing at the 1/2 miler of All-tech in FL last night. However, overall, I agree.
    Yep, the best race i have seen there!

I never woulda thought Joiner would regain the lead from Killer and Hedgec@ck!

we need to raise the noses up and make them straight across, then straighten out the bodies and take away the wedge effects
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

Wait until these body part folks get doors and quarters in full circulation. Who knows what the cars will look like. They will have full authority to make aero even worse, in a race to sell parts.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by ftfiowa View Post
    we need to raise the noses up and make them straight across, then straighten out the bodies and take away the wedge effects
    You are asking for more ticky tack rules to enforce. Just make the nose tall again and take the splitter off.

Now bodies, yes, they gonna have to square off the rr wheel and they need the decks flat in all directions. But, that's just straight edges for tool and measurements. Problem with nose height is it's not a constant.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Wait until these body part folks get doors and quarters in full circulation. Who knows what the cars will look like. They will have full authority to make aero even worse, in a race to sell parts.
    They get everybody to finally buy all their doors and quarters, then push for big body chanted and make everybody buy it all once again. That is probably what they’re shooting for.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

If the people who run these racing sanctions can’t see that aero is killing the excitement of going to the races, then let them all fail. What idiots. Fans will eventually get bored, if they aren’t already, and stop attending. Put the bodies on the cars we saw in the 90’s and let’s see who the real talent is, not to mention we may see some passing back and forth.

Aren't about all of the Lucas, Woo, and other big events having full grandstands? They are not going to worry about it if they are.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Aren't about all of the Lucas, Woo, and other big events having full grandstands? They are not going to worry about it if they are.
    Exactly........
    8/13/16

The sanctioning bodies don't care because the money is flowing in. Drivers will blame lazy track prep, the tires, pretty much anything but their own selves for poor racing. Nothing changes until someones behind hits the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Exactly........
    NASCAR Stands used to be packed with waiting lists too...gotta stay ahead of the curve

^^^^^ how true. If you didn't have a ticket to a nascrap race you were at the mercy of the scalpers. Well they let the tv deal make up for the empty seats. Look were that got them now, I don't watch anymore and have no idea who broadcasts the cup races anymore but I bet they are not getting the $$$ they got before. You have the same thing in slm today. A few owners that have no cap on what they spend and are being heard when rules topics come up. I'd like to ask steve francis what happened when he got the job with lucas and talked about how he was going to reel in the rules. We all no how far that went, but I'd like to know who told francis just look like your doing something and let us worry about rule violations.