Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Racetrack Revival — Round 2

Anyone see the latest posts by the racetrack revival page and Barry Braun? Looks like they are reviving a dirt track somewhere and posted some cryptic tweets last couple days. Any ideas?

My bet is they move the former Bristol dirt nationals to another Tennessee clay venue.

Is Cleveland TN completely gone? That would be an awesome revival. I thought maybe Rolling Wheels?

I think it’s Pennsboro
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Bayko, if your right, folks should probably get in line a week early. You know I'd love to see the place come back, but I really wonder what type of racing we would have with these cars we have today.

dirtcrazy4u - The racing sucked back then, it would definitely suck now. Narrow track with no banking and no lights.

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    Is Cleveland TN completely gone? That would be an awesome revival. I thought maybe Rolling Wheels?
    Yep, completely gone.

It’s Pennsboro supposedly. Ill believe it when I see it.

Jesus Pennsboro? Place wasn’t wide enough for good racing in the 90’s, imagine what todays cars would look like trying to pass there

Drop Shock said todays cars and pass in the same sentence. That's hilarious.

What would be the difference in any other track at the moment?
    Last edited by Pennsboro32; 10-25-2022 at 07:59 PM.

The bridges in the turns made it almost impossible to run 2 wide, especially in turns 1 and two. They would have to take the bridges out, modern body’s are considerably wider and cars are actually capable of getting sideways in the black groove

Just checked Google Earth. Track looks racey🤣
    8/13/16

Man I was hoping for anything but Pennsboro… the place will not race good and it is way, way too much money. There are no seats in place to begin with. I would love to see some 1/4 mile revived that would succeed and race good.

With the much needed work that would be required, couldn't they configure the track differently? I can't even imagine the size of the trees that have obviously taken over that place.
    8/13/16

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    Anyone see the latest posts by the racetrack revival page and Barry Braun? Looks like they are reviving a dirt track somewhere and posted some cryptic tweets last couple days. Any ideas?

Do you have a link for the Racetrack revival page? Barry's page doesn't come up all the way and allow to scroll down past a few post for some reason.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

We all talk about the crap aero of slm racing yet I started a thread about it and the p poor racing we see today and it got deleted. Someday somebody is going to figure it out, no fans, then guess what ? It all goes away, then you'll have 1 series charging 50 for GA and these 2 crate series pushing there garbage racing. Whomever deleted my post, remember the fans gave you the position your in today.

Spot on dirt crazy! People talk about the health of this sport and then the hottest topic is who goes to these million dollar teams? How can a weekend racer compete with Landers, Double Down, Wells, Rocket house car. They cant, they are supposed to just show up, fight for the few remaining spots in the big race and be there so people can point out the health of the sport is great, we had 88 super lates show up. When is all reality 6 to 8 cars had a legit chance to win the race.
    Last edited by play4kps; 10-26-2022 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    With the much needed work that would be required, couldn't they configure the track differently? I can't even imagine the size of the trees that have obviously taken over that place.
    I drive by the speedway twice a day. There are no trees. Believe it or not, the place is in better shape than it was when they quit racing. The speedway is used for a raffle bash during July, they’ve built a nice new bathroom and built walking bridges across the creek. However, the track itself needs a ton of work. The track needs reconfigured, no way would the racing be any good if they leave it the way it is, it wasn’t then and wouldn’t be now. They’ve received some bleachers that haven’t been installed yet, they need lighting, catch fence, guardrails, more parking, etc. it’s going to take a ton of work.

Well now we know it’s clearly Pennsboro. It says revived in 2024 though. Wonder if they really plan on working on it all next year. We will see what happens!