Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    If you added up the numbers of Rockets in victory lane compared to Horns on the WoO tour you will be surprised how untrue that is.
    If you add up the number of Rockets RUNNING the WoO tour compared to 'Horns, you will be surprised how true that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    One thing about the chassis wars that bothers me is that Rocket and Longhorn are dominating. Back in 2015-16 I did a lot of tracking of the number of chassis entered in races and how they performed and things have really gone downhill since then. I hope the trend reverses. I'd really like to see more chassis out there and run competitively.
    I done it around 2010-2012. I had it all written down on paper at one time. It was honestly mind blowing the amount of parody there was back then. I remember victory circle, masterbilt, rocket, and MB customs were near the top at that point. It's crazy now that 3 of the 4, don't even have a late model frame on a national tour.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I done it around 2010-2012. I had it all written down on paper at one time. It was honestly mind blowing the amount of parody there was back then. I remember victory circle, masterbilt, rocket, and MB customs were near the top at that point. It's crazy now that 3 of the 4, don't even have a late model frame on a national tour.

MB Customs seems to be fairly popular in UMP land lately. It’s not national level, but it’s also not insignificant.

I think the issue with Mastersbilt is that they really haven’t been able to adjust the suspension to modern areo the way Capital, Longhorn, MB Customs and Rocket have been able to do.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I'll try to dig out the old stats I did and post. I think I may have even posted some of them here.

BWRC has been trying to get back on the national scene but for whatever reasons they always seem to run into a hurdle. I thought when JD got in one you may have seen a few guys try one out. That was sure short lived, Boom had a couple cars a couple years ago. He timed well but that was about it.

How does total cars sold vs tour wins ratio make any sense?

Let's be honest, right now on the National Scene it is Longhorn vs Rocket with a "smattering" of Capital, MB Customs and Black Diamond. That being said, there are a ton of other chassis builders making a living and still keeping the lights on somehow, so they must be selling enough cars on the regional level. I'd put BWRC, Mastersbuilt, Lazer, TNT, CVR, Kryptonite, Warrior, Stinger, Domination, Swartz etc. in that category. It looks like Bob Pierce threw in the towel and is no longer building DLM Chassis. I too like it when there is a variety of chassis winning races.
    Last edited by BTExpress; 10-28-2022 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaws83 View Post
    How does total cars sold vs tour wins ratio make any sense?
    You can choose any measurements you want. I can tell you when the tour wins decrease, so do the phone calls.

I have been to some of those shops that haven't produced any of those wins recently. There isn't much going on. There are a few who have carved out a nice business supplying crate guys, but many are hobby shops at this point.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

If you take one particular driver out of the Rocket side, how does that effect things?
    The top Longhorn driver won 40% more races than the top Rocket driver!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    That is HUGE for sure ! !

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    I see last night that Brandon Overton added yet another big win on the Longhorn side of the fence .

He looked like his old self last night……..good win, he sorta needed that I think.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

The World Finals ! ! Who would have thunk that a series that is dominated by The Rocket Chassis brand would have their Grand Finale of the season won by one of those outsiders in a big old Longhorn driven by J.D. ? ?

One thing about the chassis wars that bothers me is that Rocket and Longhorn are dominating. Back in 2015-16 I did a lot of tracking of the number of chassis entered in races and how they performed and things have really gone downhill since then. I hope the trend reverses. I'd really like to see more chassis out there and run competitively.
    It seems like alot of the smaller builders quit chasing the national scene and started trying to cater to the crate or local guys. Alot more of those types then the 20-30 guys running nationally

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    The World Finals ! ! Who would have thunk that a series that is dominated by The Rocket Chassis brand would have their Grand Finale of the season won by one of those outsiders in a big old Longhorn driven by J.D. ? ?
    If someone in the sport looked at the entries and didn't think that top longhorn driver was a favorite they haven't paid much attention. JD has been in a league of his own this year. Davenport no surprise, Madden no surprise, Erb finishing ahead of McCreadie was kind of a surprise. It was more of a surprise that there were only 2 longhorns in the top ten than it was Davenport won.

Only 2 horns in the top 10, say it isn't so. You had big sexy as the dominate guy a year ago. JD was the guy this year for sure. Brandon Sheppard before that. Wins add up to more sales and I bet Rocket is selling twice as many cars than Longhorn. You can't base everything off 2 national series. They both are without question the chassis to have if your on tour. Yes there are a few guys running something different but just for the support rec'd you'd be crazy not to have a horn or xr in your stable. Neither chassis maker is hurting for orders I guarantee you that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    When you purchased a longhorn shirt, did it come with a free pair of longhorn knee pads?

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    When you purchased a longhorn shirt, did it come with a free pair of longhorn knee pads?
    He bought the knee pads. They threw in the shirt for free.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Pennsboro saddling up whenever anyone speaks unkindly about Lord Mark Richards of House West Virginia.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    Pennsboro saddling up whenever anyone speaks unkindly about Lord Mark Richards of House West Virginia.
    Some people tend to that blind of the obvious FACTS that the superior Longhorn brand has won every large event of note this year. They can't bring their selves to realize that the bandwagon that they have been riding atop for years has developed a flat tire. We have been noting as to how the main apologist on here makes snide comments or calls out [like a Karen] the spelling of any member that who simply makes a comment about any of the many big significant wins that the Horns have conquered these last few years. It has [perhaps jokingly] P.M.ed to me that one particular fellow idolizes Rocket so much that if Mark Richards stopped real fast that somebody would have to call a wrecker to pull him out of Marks rearside ! !
    Last edited by Raceready; 11-07-2022 at 11:48 AM.