Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

We got people on this thread arguing which is better, Longhorns or Rockets, that can’t even look at a car and tell whether it’s a longhorn or a rocket

I don't see any pictures in this thread. The argument is only a matter of perception anyway.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Here is how I read into this. Both rocket and Longhorn have no trouble selling there cars. I believe what gives longhorn a small advantage is location. Making that trip up thru WV esp when the snow flies. No matter what the reasonning, horns seemed to have the upper hand this year. Rumley works closely with a few of those teams and right now he is the guy that makes those horns go fast. Rocket drivers will catch up and when they do the chassis orders will go up. When the xr-1 first came out they couldn't produce them fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    A more telling stat would be win percentage by races ran per chassis in each series.
    That tells you nothing except a useless percentage. Doesn't matter the series or the car count there are only about 6-10 well funded teams capable of winning on a regular basis. Doesn't matter what brand the balance of the field of local and regional drivers run. Look at the Hillbilly this year where the majority of locals are running Rockets. Rumley shows up and takes the top prize. What that showed is that Rumley is very good at what he does, Bilstein has a great package for the Horn, and Kyle Larson is a generational talent. Saying a Longhorn beat a field that was 60% Rocket is totally irrelevant considering that most of that 60% don't win at Tyler on a weekly basis.

If you took one particular drivers wins out of the Longhorn side, the numbers match up better to the amount constructed!

Similar arguments can go on with motors Clements obviously is the most most popular well TMAC won Lucas with a Cornett BShep was second in a Durham and Hudson was fourth with a Cornett but Clements is being awarded the engine builder of the year for Lucas that don’t seem right

If Longhorn has 6 of the top ten in DOD rankings, how did Rocket win more races? I look forward to all the expert replies.

And, I have no interest in either company, just a senseless argument for internet experts.

Geez, who cares, This idea that chassis are what it takes to win is a big problem! Lets give the drivers the respect they are due.

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    Geez, who cares, This idea that chassis are what it takes to win is a big problem! Lets give the drivers the respect they are due.
    Well if you look at EPJ a chassis does make a difference. 2 yrs ago he could barely make a starting line up. He got back in a longhorn and he is a threat to win again. EPJ didn't forget how to drive, that chassis he was in was and is terrible. That is until they copied other makes.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Well if you look at EPJ a chassis does make a difference. 2 yrs ago he could barely make a starting line up. He got back in a longhorn and he is a threat to win again. EPJ didn't forget how to drive, that chassis he was in was and is terrible. That is until they copied other makes.
    It ain't the chassis. It's the support that came with it. All that matters are the loads on the 4 tires and their alignment with each other. The cars are all close enough that those variables can be fixed pretty easily and quickly with bolt on stuff.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by kipling View Post
    If Longhorn has 6 of the top ten in DOD rankings, how did Rocket win more races? I look forward to all the expert replies.
    They are almost guaranteed a win when woo has a race.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Sorta like Longhorn in Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Sorta like Longhorn in Lucas
    An run of the mill Lucas race, yes. However, a good deal of their shows are the "big shows" where cars from all around attend. Most WoO shows are just a woo show.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

An run of the mill Lucas race, yes. However, a good deal of their shows are the "big shows" where cars from all around attend. Most WoO shows are just a woo show.
    There’s a reason for that, and it’s all on them.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I agree. This year WoO was little more than a traveling regional series. The Mars series and the Cook series often had fields that were just as good. I don't expect either to expand their schedule or purses to rival WoO, but just from a quality of entries, they were just as good and often better. That says more about the decline of WoO than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    If you took one particular drivers wins out of the Longhorn side, the numbers match up better to the amount constructed!
    If you take one particular driver out of the Rocket side, how does that effect things?

One thing about the chassis wars that bothers me is that Rocket and Longhorn are dominating. Back in 2015-16 I did a lot of tracking of the number of chassis entered in races and how they performed and things have really gone downhill since then. I hope the trend reverses. I'd really like to see more chassis out there and run competitively.

If you added up the numbers of Rockets in victory lane compared to Horns on the WoO tour you will be surprised how untrue that is.
    8/13/16

It ain't the chassis. It's the support that came with it. All that matters are the loads on the 4 tires and their alignment with each other. The cars are all close enough that those variables can be fixed pretty easily and quickly with bolt on stuff.
    MB, I agree with everything you said except the first 2 lines. Wasn't that car epj was chasing his tail in suppose to be that builders house car ? I believe he had some health issues which prevented him to be at the track, but I come from the old school way of thinking, if it's a pc of crap, toss everything out and throw something under the chassis and record your times and changes made. Me personally I don't know why more teams don't do that. I've discovered that what you may sometimes think will never work actually surprises you and can get you closer to were you want to be. You have your elite teams, then you have the guys that can run with the elite but somehow find a way to screw it up. Then you have the guys that when the track has all the bite in the world, they get to start up front in a heat race, only to fade as the night goes along and either DNF or if they Crack the top 12 it's a miracle.