Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up It's official Pennsboro Speedway coming back to life in 2024!

Pennsboro Speedway coming back to life in 2024!

Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 10-26-2022 at 04:19 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Late to the party again Nathan! There’s been a post on this for several days now!

Thank you for posting that nice video!!!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

I know the purist's would flip out but I'd move the creek over next to the highway, run it right down the old back stretch, then build a good 1/4-3/8 mile with what's left. If it's worth doing build something with a real chance of success.

IMO, WVMS also will NEVER succeed until they get rid of the big track. 3/8 mile maximum.

Move a creek? Not that I'd disagree with that (and your overall idea) but I know up here in Wisconsin with our Dept of Natural Resources that would be on a list of things that would never happen. Heck, they probably would never let a track of this layout, with the creek(s), ever even reopen because of the waterway. Plus, whatever fresh he!! they couldn't think of, they would let the Army Corp of Engineers dream up.

Maybe West Virginia is a bit more forgiving in that regard and allow some grandfather clause here.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

West Virginia will be the last best state standing after the democrats ruin the country

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    I know the purist's would flip out but I'd move the creek over next to the highway, run it right down the old back stretch, then build a good 1/4-3/8 mile with what's left. If it's worth doing build something with a real chance of success.

IMO, WVMS also will NEVER succeed until they get rid of the big track. 3/8 mile maximum.
    It would be cheaper, easier and way less likely to trigger any DEP stuff to just build newer, wider bridges over the creek.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Why in the world would someone want to resurrect a racetrack that did not, and will not ever produce much other than a freight train race is beyond me. Track died for a reason, let it be. Someone must have more $$$$$ than cents.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

I've got to agree with Morgs153. California's extreme environmental stance would never allow it either.

JustAddDirt is also right on the mark about not bringing it back. Would cost a fortune to accomplish, have a couple of nostalgic but crappy races, then return to its' decrepit state until the next fool tries to resurrect it.

'Flyboy is as full of it as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgs153 View Post
    Move a creek? Not that I'd disagree with that (and your overall idea) but I know up here in Wisconsin with our Dept of Natural Resources that would be on a list of things that would never happen. Heck, they probably would never let a track of this layout, with the creek(s), ever even reopen because of the waterway. Plus, whatever fresh he!! they couldn't think of, they would let the Army Corp of Engineers dream up.

Maybe West Virginia is a bit more forgiving in that regard and allow some grandfather clause here.
    The EPA would not allow this to happen these days. A creek is not private property, also.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

How the he!! do you move a creek? The easiest solution is to build bigger better bridges.

That's the narrowest track I've ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    How the he!! do you move a creek? The easiest solution is to build bigger better bridges.
    Guess you've never seen a trackhoe with a good operator. Or a D5 and couple trucks which they will have there to fix the track anyway. Less than a week and water would be running right where the back straight is now. Dirt excavated from back straight would be placed beside the current stream. Then once water is diverted, push the dirt in and compact it. I suggested state wouldn't allow the stream to be moved to a buddy of mine. Said he's done it # of times in WV. Not a problem. He & I grew up in Weston WV. He's worked for several grading/construction companies. Knows hit zhit.

I was also surprised the state would allow a stream to be moved. Money talks. I'll ask him again as I sent him the video above. Let's see if he's changed his mind.

OK. He keeps changing his mind. I guess just stick some tombstones on it.

He's saying 2 million to put in bathrooms. Now says leave the stream where is just pipe it and cover it. I disagree with that idea. A lot of what is green was washed away during a flood. The bridge got dammed up and diverted water around it. I mean...might have been 15 feet of water and wouldn't have mattered. WV floods. Nothing can be done.

Just leave it be. It's dead Jim.

Is litey back again? I'm confused?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Is litey back again? I'm confused?
    If he's back, were all in trouble.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

It'll be the same as WVMS. Big turnout for the first couple races then the realization the racing sucks. It'll never be the 80s or 90s again, time to move on.