Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I like this union shaming thread!!!!! It makes a couple of people on here crawl back under a rock!!!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

We are going to be in a heck of a bind if the railroad goes on strike ! People don't stop and think of the influence that rail travel and truck travel has on them. They act as if the products on the shelf magically appear there.

Ummm, the unions we speak of shame themselves on a regular basis………anything said on this forum has zero to do with it.

Unions are a lot like phone books and Hillary Clinton campaign buttons…..…….available, but not needed anymore.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    We are going to be in a heck of a bind if the railroad goes on strike ! People don't stop and think of the influence that rail travel and truck travel has on them. They act as if the products on the shelf magically appear there.
    The dumb people do for sure……..wait until the woke folks can’t get their favorite latte or shey butter moisturizer.
    All hell gonna break loose.

Also there is talk recently of diesel fuel shortages ! ! All this just in time for CHRISTmas ...

Those refineries reporting the upcoming diesel shortage…….They happen to be union shops by chance?

Just asking?

My boss talked to our oil and fuel rep. and asked him about this and just laughed. He had 15 tankers loaded with diesel for delivery at different locations in the St. Louis area. We had no problems getting our 2500 gallon tank filled. He said it was a bunch of political BS. I was working at the refinery just north of St Louis and it looked business as usual...That refinery is union and so am I. Sounds like fear mongering from Washington DC to me.

It will end up being trumps fault some kind of way by those doing the mongering…right SS?

24% pay raise for all of the very well paid rail union employees ……..and it’s still not good enough for them.
    And they wonder why? Greedy bunch of fools.

Them there poor RR workers just don't get enough time off as well ! ! They will be wanting all the extra time off that unionized school teachers get to enjoy ? ?

Them there poor RR workers just don't get enough time off as well ! ! They will be wanting all the extra time off that unionized school teachers get to enjoy ? ?

Work less, get paid more………that makes total sense.

Shades of bratty entitlement shining brightly for the rail unions…….and they wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by gumby_32d View Post
    My boss talked to our oil and fuel rep. and asked him about this and just laughed. He had 15 tankers loaded with diesel for delivery at different locations in the St. Louis area. We had no problems getting our 2500 gallon tank filled. He said it was a bunch of political BS. I was working at the refinery just north of St Louis and it looked business as usual...That refinery is union and so am I. Sounds like fear mongering from Washington DC to me.
    We were also supposed to run out about a month ago. Too many folks get their news from pot stirring folks on social media.

And fuel prices are decreasing 2-3 cents pr gallon every day. Thanks, Biden !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jr29 View Post
    And fuel prices are decreasing 2-3 cents pr gallon every day. Thanks, Biden !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You’re thanking him for fixing a problem he himself and his people created?

Sure, I’ll play along.

He should take a little blame for increased fuel prices. (They are up around the world btw, not just here) He was pretty combative toward big oil. He's taken a bulk of the blame.
    Now that prices are going down, he should get the credit for that if we play the game that way.

Obama should be the darling of the fuel price divas. Prices plummeted late in 2014. That's two whole years before DT was elected.

Obama should be the darling of the fuel price divas. Prices plummeted late in 2014. That's two whole years before DT was elected.
    Knowing that I’m No big Bush II supporter --- Wasn’t low fuel prices during the Obama administration just the after effects of the work Bush II administration did with him getting the credit for low fuel prices? Timelines aside, at least that’s the way it has worked in the past with other administrations and past Presidents.

Now that prices are going down, he should get the credit for that if we play the game that way.
    That’s a weird way to look at it. So it was your fault the prices went up --- but you want the credit when they go back down. Not sure what the economic term is for that situation, but it sure is a weird one.

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/Le...te_nus_dpg&f=m

Prices went up some during Obama's first few years then plummeted. Lowest price since 2010 was February of 2016.

Won't let me quote you, Lurker. I don't really believe Biden deserves a lot of credit or blame. That was kinda my point. Fuel prices go up, and they go down. That's how it seems to work, regardless of the President.