Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Jimmy Owens 2023

Is Jimmy with the Ramirez team next year? I noticed at 411 he kinda got choked up when talking about all the people that had helped throughout his career, kinda reminiscing, just seemed odd but not out of character.

Don’t think Jimmy & Ramirez will be together next year. He is driving for someone else this weekend-#27.
    At last week’s WOO races- Shelton was talking about BShepp buying a hauler from Ramirez: I am curious if this was the one Jimmy used?

Shep has had that hauler for weeks.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Ramerize. Passed away in February the family is shutting the team down end of season as for Jimmy’s plans he will let them be know in time when he has something finalized I’m sure

Jimmy just might be my favorite driver for 2023 along with the 44 from Greycourt SC

Retirement.....

Crew chief for HTF? I doubt it but that would be great

If anyone at Planet Zero has a brain, Jimmy Owens pilots the car in 2023. Let Scott heal, swallow the pride, run some select races, but IF building chassis is ever the retirement “plan” for Scott, somebody needs to be winning in them.

"Crew chief for HTF? I doubt it but that would be great." LOL. You think those dipdunks would listen? I don't.

The hauler that BShepp has is from the Ramirez modified team.

Retirement huh, What would jimmy do if he retires ? Would he consult for other teams or just sit back over yonder .

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him deciding to retire from driving. He’s had a really good career, and he’s said some things over the last few years that hint towards the end coming.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by ready2rd View Post
    Retirement huh, What would jimmy do if he retires ? Would he consult for other teams or just sit back over yonder .
    I'd guess he'd build modified chassis again.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

there still building mods , his brother told me a year or so back that he was gone run the road for about 5 more years and then get more serious in the chassis building business , including a late model chassis , and stay closer to home , but who knows , 5 years is a long time and things change ......

"there still building mods , his brother told me a year or so back that he was gone run the road for about 5 more years and then get more serious in the chassis building business , including a late model chassis , and stay closer to home , but who knows , 5 years is a long time and things change"

Thanks I did not know that...Not much on his website about the Modifieds, and the only well known driver that I was aware of having one of his cars was Jake O'Neil and his LG2 chassis is a few years old.

It would be a shame if Jimmy’s full time late model driving days are over. I can think of a bunch of drivers with rides that I would fire to hire Jimmy. He’s the 13th ranked DoD driver with a solid fan following.

Brent Larson, Tyler Erb, Earl Pearson Jr, Spencer Hughes, Brian Shirley, Ryan Gustin, Kyle Strickler (if he has an owner). Some may disagree with Erb and Hughes because they are younger, but they are both under-performing for their rides in my opinion.

RETIRE

How many dirt late model drivers do you all know that has a family and can afford to retire at age 50 ??

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    RETIRE

How many dirt late model drivers do you all know that has a family and can afford to retire at age 50 ??
    Exactly, racing is hard way to make a living

Tyler Erb brings waaayy too much $$ with him, he isnt going anywhere. Spencer Hughes is young, but hasnt done alot with top notch equipment, but owner seems happy with him.

Spencer Hughesteam is new and very young crew guys- I think they have done well for a new/young team. Look at who they have been competing with.