CARTERSVILLE, GA – Mike Vaughn Racing has announced that Dirt Late Model Veteran Oliver Gentry of Newnan, GA will drive the Vaden Chevrolet Modified in the Peach State Classic at Senoia Raceway that will be held on November 10-12. The Modified portion of the Peach State Classic will take place on November 10.

Vaughn and Gentry have been friends and business associates for many years. This will be the first time they’ve worked together on the same team as car owner and driver. The two men have a mutual respect for each other in motorsports and off the track as well.

“I’m more than excited to drive the Vaden Chevrolet Modified because I consider it an honor and privilege to drive for Mike Vaughn,” Gentry said. “Mike has done a lot to save racing for the little guy and through the years with Crate Racin’ USA he has had a lot of good ideas that has made racing affordable, and given so many in the opportunity to stay in racing.”

Vaughn was the founder and owner of Crate Racin’ USA from 2005 through 2019, a dirt racing sanctioning body that featured competition using the affordable Chevrolet Performance Circle Track Engines that are built and sealed at the factory to prevent any expensive modifications. Vaughn’s last project with the sanctioning body was to develop the Modified Division.

“Oliver Gentry has been involved in just about every Division we’ve done through the years,” Vaughn said. “From the Chevrolet Performance Super Late Model Series with the all-aluminum CT525 Engine, the National Late Model Tour with the aluminum-head steel-block 604 Engine, and now his daughter Olivia runs in the Late Model Sportsman Division that uses the all-steel 602 Engine. Now Oliver is going to try the Modified powered by the 602 Engine.”

Gentry said he’s heard nothing but good things about the Modified Division Vaughn put together in 2018, and he even had the opportunity to drive one earlier this year at Senoia Raceway, Gentry is interested in adding one of the affordable machines to his racing stable in 2023.

“The Modified is a lot of fun to drive, it’s easy to maintain, and it’s an affordable race car,” Gentry said. “It’s really a class of race car that is good for the sport, It’s a good race car to learn how in to race with and is a good stepping stone for a driver to move up into Late Models if they desire to do so. I think we’re going to have to get one for next season for me and my daughter Olivia to have some fun with.”

In addition to competing in the Vaden Chevrolet Modified, Gentry will also compete in the Super Late Model portion of the Peach State Classic, and daughter Olivia will run in the Late Model Sportsman Division for the three-day mega event.

Both men also know each other through their “day jobs” in the Peach State. Vaughn owns Mike Vaughn Auto Exchange in Cartersville, GA and Gentry owns Gentry Used Auto Parts in Newnan, GA.

“Not only have Oliver Gentry and I crossed paths at dirt tracks through Crate Racin’ USA, we’ve also worked a lot together in the Car Business.” Vaughn said. “Through both endeavors, we’ve also become good friends, and I look forward to having Oliver in the seat of the Vaden Chevrolet Modified at Senoia Raceway on November 10 in the Peach State Classic.”

The Chevrolet Performance 602 engine in the Mike Vaughn Racing Modified Sportsman race car came right out of the crate from Vaden Chevrolet in Savannah, GA ready for competition. For more information or to place an order with free next day delivery anywhere in the Southeast, call Rick Freeman at Vaden Chevrolet at 833-823-3678.

The Vaden Chevrolet Open-Wheel Modified is also sponsored by Chevrolet Performance, Hoosier Racing Tires, KRC Power Steering, David Smith Carburetors, Lightning Chassis, Federated Auto Parts, Gresham Race Parts, Schoenfeld Headers, Bert Transmissions, and Mike Vaughn’s Auto Exchange.

For more information about Mike Vaughn Racing and Vaden Chevrolet Crate Engines. visit their respective Facebook Pages. For more information about the Peach State Classic, visit the Senoia Raceway Facebook page, or their website at www.senoiaraceway1969.com.