Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ross Chastain

Default Ross Chastain

The last lap of the Martinsville race ran by Ross Chastain was the most exciting thing I've seen all year, in any kind of motorsports. He wanted to make the final 4 of the playoffs, and by God he did. I'm still amazed.

Really amazing ! ! It is about somebody has a never give up attitude in NASKY . I remember at Lernerville Speedway there was a WoO race ending restart and Chub Frank passed 8 cars like that to win and the crowd was in awe because they had never seen anything like that before . NASKY needs someone with fire and determination to breathe new life into the sport ! ! Too much of this helicopter kids and WOKE movement put the series in ruins. . .
    Last edited by Raceready; 10-30-2022 at 08:34 PM.

Craziest thing I've ever seen. 5th gear and let er rip.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Really amazing ! ! It is about somebody has a never give up attitude in NASKY . I remember at Lernerville Speedway there was a WoO race ending restart and Chub Frank passed 8 cars like that to win and the crowd was in awe because they had never seen anything like that before . NASKY needs someone with fire and determination to breathe new life into the sport ! ! Too much of this helicopter kids and WOKE movement put the series in ruins. . .
    Was that before the green flag dropped???? hahahhaahhaaaa
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

It was crazy and it still looks crazy. I think someone said he was two seconds faster than the pole speed on that lap.

As soon as I processed what I saw I wondered, what took so long. How is it we've never seen that move before? Darlington maybe a little bit? Plenty of dirt track drivers steer the car with the wall.

So here's my prediction. There will be lots of talk about it. There will be lots of views of "the move". Ross Chastain will be the click bait leader of the week. Then after all that fun, NASCAR will ban using the wall as a method to advance positions on the track "as a matter of safety". I'll take this prediction to the bank. Big N will shoot off their no fun gun on this one.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

Haven’t been a big fan of Chastain but I’ll give him props for this as he certainly wanted it and sent it in there!

I immediately thought after the fact, how long before we see someone else do it now? Morgs might be right though. NASCAR may try to police this somehow on the grounds of safety.

Whynot. Ross mentioned Whynot speedway in his post race news conference.

It has to be done on the last lap and will be tried again most likely. It might not go so well though. There has to be a clear track ahead or it will result in a mess. I guess a green white checker may provide an opportunity. I am 50-50 on any Nascar action on this. They said it was legal, So???

NASCAR will ban this maneuver. Nothing can be fun.

Martinsville really is the best place for this to work with a clear track due to just how much the cars have to slow down. Don't see it working at higher banked tracks like Bristol or Richmond were more speed is carried into the corners. Not sure of were the crossover gate is at Martinsville but that'd be the most scary thing. Be a BAD day to have an incident like Waltrip/Harmon at Bristol.

NASCAR can make a rule without actually making a rule. There might not be an actual "Ross Rule" put in writing but I don't think they want to see this as some sort of new standard and practice.

Simple as this. When a car gets in the wall a caution is immediately put out and it freezes the field. If it is on the white flag lap it is race over.

That's their simple and easy way of making sure it is not ever tried again.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

That looked like something from Bowman grey stadium lol. It would great to see track house win the Championship. It would show people anything can happen.

Ross has some balls 👍

At least it wasn't a cheating move like the time old Dale Dirty Earny drove right on through the infield at Charlotte to steal " The Winston " from good old Awesome Bill from Dawsonville ? ?

Almost a full 7 seconds faster than Larson who was 2nd fastest on final lap. Fastest lap ever turned in a stock car at Martinsville and I think Raj is probably correct NASCAR will ban this move.

Way too original…….nascar hates that these days unless they themselves manufacture the perceived originality.

Cool move, we’ve seen the last of it……one and done.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I think you are right BBQ

Ross is an awesome person as well, and obviously thinks outside the box (this move and also the one he tried at Indy this year). Down to earth and just wants to win...Even his car owner is still trying to process how he pulled that off! Hopefully the Trackhouse team can pull it off next weekend.

I think he said he helps the mechanics work on race cars during the week. Good guy for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Ross has some balls 
    Would you care to venture to say that they are the size of watermelons ? ?