Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Default I miss…

I miss a real victory lane celebration. Now we have to wait until we get our Hoosier neckband on and our series/sponsor hat and wait for the confetti cannon before we can actually pump a fist in the air.

Brett Emerick on the mic at Eldora for the Dream and World 100

Quote Originally Posted by zer018 View Post
    I miss a real victory lane celebration. Now we have to wait until we get our Hoosier neckband on and our series/sponsor hat and wait for the confetti cannon before we can actually pump a fist in the air.
    Yep, that whole 30 seconds is a real nightmare lol.

I miss when cars were built by drivers and crew in the backyard, unloading your car from a stake truck onto a pile of dirt, the flagman starting the race while on the track running between the cars, open trailers and school bus haulers.

Quote Originally Posted by chubfrankfan View Post
    I miss when cars were built by drivers and crew in the backyard, unloading your car from a stake truck onto a pile of dirt, the flagman starting the race while on the track running between the cars, open trailers and school bus haulers.
    Awesome, We even had a couple of drivers that used log trucks to haul in with and just unloaded the car with the boom.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    It's not late model racing, but I really miss Flemington. I think modern late models would have been great there.
    I started going to Flemington in the 60s. Most of the memories posted here are similar to mine, only they were the forerunners of the Big Block modifieds. Drivers wore t-shirts and jeans. After visiting the pits after the race, Dad would high tail it out of there to Mr. Bee's on the circle and we'd eat burgers and watch the cars go by on their open trailers.

Flemington was the greatest. I watched them tear it down from my father's hospital room. Sad days.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    I started going to Flemington in the 60s. Most of the memories posted here are similar to mine, only they were the forerunners of the Big Block modifieds. Drivers wore t-shirts and jeans. After visiting the pits after the race, Dad would high tail it out of there to Mr. Bee's on the circle and we'd eat burgers and watch the cars go by on their open trailers.

Flemington was the greatest. I watched them tear it down from my father's hospital room. Sad days.
    I grew up going to Windsor or Pine Brook, Flemington and Nazareth, then Bridgeport after Nazareth closed. My first race ever was a USAC show on the Nazareth mile when it was still dirt.

None of it exists anymore. Yeah, Bridgeport is still open, but it’s very different from what I remember.
    Last edited by Josh Bayko; 01-24-2023 at 08:16 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

@josh - I never went to the other tracks. Since Flemington was so close, it was easy to watch some racing without traveling. My father used to go to Nazareth and Bridgeport before he was married. I did go to East Windsor a few times after Flemington went paved, but I left the area soon after.

Was Flemington your home track? There is a good site with tons of great pics from Flemington. If you haven't seen it, I'll dig up the URL for you.

@josh - I never went to the other tracks. Since Flemington was so close, it was easy to watch some racing without traveling. My father used to go to Nazareth and Bridgeport before he was married. I did go to East Windsor a few times after Flemington went paved, but I left the area soon after.

Was Flemington your home track? There is a good site with tons of great pics from Flemington. If you haven't seen it, I'll dig up the URL for you.
    Flemington was my home track I grew up about a half hour from it, even a few years into the pavement days, until, of course, I moved west and made Lernerville my home track. I did start sending some Saturdays at Grandview, too, though. 3 Wides Picture vault is probably the site you’re thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    It’s corporate BS Terry. But I forgot, you have your rose colored bifocals on again.

I miss bright leaf chili dogs…orange crush in the brown bottle…and my grandmother’s cold fried chicken legs at rockingham.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Originally Posted by Josh Bayko
    3 Wides Picture vault is probably the site you’re thinking of.
    Yep! That's the one!

Here's something I miss, Eddie Carrier Jr and Jared Landers on the Lucas Tour and Casey Roberts in the Cushman 101.

Yep! That's the one!

Here's something I miss, Eddie Carrier Jr and Jared Landers on the Lucas Tour and Casey Roberts in the Cushman 101.
    Carrier is back behind the wheel driving for Matt Conser. I don’t think they’re going to tour, though.

Jared Landers I guess is gonna run some races for his dad.

I haven’t seen Casey Roberts name anywhere for a couple years.,

The most recent race I could find for Casey Roberts was the WoO race at Cherokee in March 2021.
    "Ain't it good to be alive and raisin' hell in Tennessee!" - Dusty Rhodes (1988)

A mutual friend told me that he is living his best life with his bride while doing some traveling with his work.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    Where had you been lately ? It seems like its been a coons age since you have been on here ?

"I grew up going to Windsor or Pine Brook, Flemington and Nazareth, then Bridgeport after Nazareth closed. My first race ever was a USAC show on the Nazareth mile when it was still dirt.

None of it exists anymore. Yeah, Bridgeport is still open, but it’s very different from what I remember."

I grew up in South Jersey halfway between East Windsor and Bridgeport, so they were the tracks I attended the most. Only made it to Flemington a handful of times, but it seemed exciting everytime I saw a race there. I remember when I was a teenager, and Billy Pauch started racing. You knew he was going to be something special when he dominated the Sportsmen class at East Windsor, Flemington and Nazareth.

I thought Bridgeport was making a big mistake when they reconfigured the track a few years ago....Boy was I wrong. I would love to see a DLM race there. They scheduled one last year but it got rained out.

Quote Originally Posted by FastEd95 View Post
    Never got the pleasure of seeing Ernie run, but my all-time hero in racing is a guy that used to race against him and all the top Midwest drivers and that's Mert Williams. The most memorable sounding cars I've ever heard were Mert's Camaros back in the 1970s, especially at the big half-mile horse tracks in southern Minnesota, Owatonna and Austin. The sound of those engines was sweet music to my young ears.
    Saw Mert on occasion at Davenport. he was running 55 cream colored Pontiac with a hand painted number on the door, no sponsors. That little Pontiac was fast. Mert was certainly a fan favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    A mutual friend told me that he is living his best life with his bride while doing some traveling with his work.
    Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear he's enjoying life. I just watched the Feb 13 and 14, 2015 races from Volusia again the other night.

Quote Originally Posted by doyle hargraves View Post
    B main on a weekly show. I was lookin at some old pics of farmer city and all the cars were sitting in the infield after qualifying and I could count 36 cars. The thing about it is about 15 or 20 of them were capable of winning the feature!
    How about way back when the "B" main was named either the Last Chance Race or The Consolation Race ? ? We would be all excited waiting for " The Consi " to run ! !