Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Open trailers, stick welders, rock crusher Trans, .leaf sprung cars, 750 double pumpers, open face helmets w/ goggles.

I miss late models on open trailers in motel parking lots.

Quote Originally Posted by FlatTire View Post
    I miss late models on open trailers in motel parking lots.
    And some had the whole crew sleeping in 1 room on cots and on the floor because that was all they could afford. I kind of shake my head when I see the big old trailers and totorhomes that some locals in street stocks and mods pull in with !

i miss the days you didnt know who would show up. mybe by not paying attetion or just a guy you root for pops up unexpectedly. I'll never forget the night at la salle i looked over to see if there was any cars left to qualify. bloomer was sitting there. that was pretty cool! im pretty sure he went on to win that night?

Quote Originally Posted by Black F View Post
    i miss the days you didnt know who would show up. mybe by not paying attetion or just a guy you root for pops up unexpectedly. I'll never forget the night at la salle i looked over to see if there was any cars left to qualify. bloomer was sitting there. that was pretty cool! im pretty sure he went on to win that night?
    Yep....he won. rumors circulated that zero was spotted in the area earlier in the afternoon. Agree, it was pretty cool.

In to days world there wouldn't be anything left the next morning on a open trailer in a motel parking lot.

Hand made bodies and graphics that weren't wraps. I also miss the holographic lettering.

The declining number of SLM's.
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    It's not late model racing, but I really miss Flemington. I think modern late models would have been great there.
    Josh, check this out! 10 minute home movie from Flemington in 1975. I could pick out a few guys. The forerunners of the Big Blocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCqymXzkGhY