Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Winger is a dart going somewhere fast but with no control whatsoever. He needs humbled badly, but they won’t let you kick someone’s ass these days so they’ll just continue to do thousands of dollars of damage per weekend.

He’s experienced enough now to know better. He’s just a bum.

Anyone know where the track got all the tarps? Did they have that many on their property? Or did they round them up somewhere? Brilliant idea.

They mentioned one of their lower division local drivers furnished many of them from his business. He wasn’t competing last night.

Kudos to Senoia with the tarps. I always wondered why I've never seen a track give this a shot. I'd say it was a success. As far as rough track, I've seen much worse.
    8/13/16

I thought it was interesting that they covered turns 1 & 3- I assume that was for corner entry?

They were mostly old billboard signs which are extremely cheap online. They work great for pit mats in the pits.

WOO Sprint champion, Brad Sweet has often promoted their race at Placerville, CA. He used this approach several years ago when it really poured there, tarping the whole red clay track.

P'ville's track is in a deep bowl and in addition to the tarps had to get the water out of it. He was successful and saved the show so what the Pollards did is not a new thing but hat's off to them for the Herculean effort at Senoia.

Thanks everyone for the tarp info. Very creative thinking!

Macon Speedway needs to get tarps for next year's April Lucas Oil late model show. Every year that race gets rained out or canceled. Wouldn't take that many tarps.

It was a massive effort to get 2 nights in, and the Pollards were paid very well for the effort. But the racing was lackluster! After we all build up the track & racing, we were let down again! They never seem to catch a break with the weather, certainly with the bigger races! Maybe next year won't be up against Vegas & the weather will be better! We can hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Clod View Post
    Thanks everyone for the tarp info. Very creative thinking! Macon Speedway needs to get tarps for next year's April Lucas Oil late model show. Every year that race gets rained out or canceled. Wouldn't take that many tarps.
    Race track isn’t the problem. The pits are the issue

Have you been since they've added all of the asphalt millings into the pits around the entire outside? I'd venture to guess they spent 30 or 40k on asphalt milling to cover everything and have it packed so tightly it's like actual asphalt. Idk if I've been many places better unless it's eldora with actual concrete.

Senoia has an excellent facility. We really enjoyed camping there this past weekend. I personally thought Friday nights racing with the heavy track was better than Saturday nights slick track. If I lived closer we would go back for sure.