Default What’s going on at Smoky Mountain?

If it’s what it appears to be, I salute Roger Sellars. I already thought he was a great owner/promoter, but if this happens, he moves even higher up on the list of greats. I understand you have to have the money to do it, but there are many tracks, especially in the south, who should consider doing this.

Are they shortening it? Reconfiguring it?? Seen they were tearing down the wall.

He is shortening the track, I don't know by how much or what his plans are but he has tried everything else to improve the racing including more banking, less banking, progressive banking etc.....I salute him for all of his efforts.

Track FB post stated they’re shortening it to a 3/8ths and want a similar configuration to Magnolia Speedway in MS.

Shortening /reconfigure of a track is a cool process to watch and keep up with.
    the first visit back even cooler.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Find some good dirt Roger....

I'm guessing the length will probably come out of the turn 3 and 4 end wouldn't it?
    Seems with all the pit roads and such, it would be more expensive to do anything to that end

From what I could tell, they are shortening it at the turns 3 &4 side. I hope it works out well for them.

I know big tracks are hard on equipment but I kinda hate to see this place get shortened up. There's a lot of history behind this track as it sits. Also, we don't really have any "big" tracks down south. Most everything around here is 3/8ths or less. I'd like to keep Smoky Mtn as is so we have a little variety. I understand the need for change though and wish them nothing but the best whatever they decide to do. Love this place.

I am 70 miles from Smoky Mountain and this is this best news to come from there in many many years!
    I understand what you guys are talking about with history- but let’s face it the racing there sux. Heats and features look like glorified hot laps. Just because they are reconfiguring the size/shape of the track to improve the racing- doesn’t take away from the track history.
    Kudos to Roger/Casey Sellers for taking this giant step forward to hopefully improve the racing experience. It may not be much better but it can’t be any worse than the recent years. With todays rules- big hammer down tracks just don’t produce side by side- multiple grooves racing action.
    I am personally looking forward to the first race of 2023 with the new layout.