Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Crew chief changes over the winter!!

Heard James Essex mention that there were several crew chief changes this winter. I can’t see how Terbo is keeping Randall Edwards, this repairing the car every night has gotta be getting to him!!

Jason Durham is going to Scott bros. Owens crew guy Corey is going to double L to work under Vinny. Cheeseburger isn't going anywhere.

Zyoung you saying Durham is leaving even with all the success he has had with JD,Now will JD struggle with out his leadership ?

Quote Originally Posted by ready2rd View Post
    Zyoung you saying Durham is leaving even with all the success he has had with JD,Now will JD struggle with out his leadership ?
    No they will not struggle. I think Vinnie has been calling most of the shots since earlier in the year when Jason had to take some personal time off. Vinnie is very capable

A head scratcher for me...why would Jason Durham leave one of the best DLM teams in decades, a team who is blessed with a HOF driver, factory support from both Longhorn & Bilstein, and an owner who is arguably one of the wealthiest in the sport?????

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    A head scratcher for me...why would Jason Durham leave one of the best DLM teams in decades, a team who is blessed with a HOF driver, factory support from both Longhorn & Bilstein, and an owner who is arguably one of the wealthiest in the sport?????
    Money talks, you never know

I think Scott brothers is closer to Jason and it was about travel time as I'm told

Landers isn't the greatest to work for is what I heard some time ago. This one really does surprise me, you can say Vinnie is capable but Durham is always the guy mentioned on the broadcast. Time will tell I guess.

Was Vinnie at Charlotte with 49?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    I think Scott brothers is closer to Jason and it was about travel time as I'm told
    Jason lives in Glasgow KY, which is a hell of a lot closer to Crossville TN than Batesville is. Scott bros are not lacking in the money dept either.

Many forget that Vinny was with Overton when he was stomping ass in the 116 for Weaver. He brought Jughans out of the gutter too. He knows his chit.

The Scott Brothers race out of Randy Weavers previous shop.

I would think Trudy Healy could buy Lance Landers many times over. Landers has a shady business past- just ask his brothers. There is a reason his dealerships are named Mark Martin and not Landers!

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    I would think Trudy Healy could buy Lance Landers many times over. Landers has a shady business past- just ask his brothers. There is a reason his dealerships are named Mark Martin and not Landers!
    Yeah. Mark Martin is a more marketable name. Same reason half the Cincinnati Reds greats have/had their name on dealerships.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

MasterSbilt

You are correct on the marketing name aspect: but Landers violated the 5 year no compete Claus he signed when he sold his part of the family dealerships to his brothers. Hence: Mark Martin Ford.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Landers isn't the greatest to work for is what I heard some time ago
    Not to mention, guys with money like Landers truly believe they are worth everything they make and don't like to share it with the ones that help make the money.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    Not to mention, guys with money like Landers truly believe they are worth everything they make and don't like to share it with the ones that help make the money.
    That's for dam sure

Anyone interested as to Lance landers character: just google all the legal proceedings- it’s public record.

It's really unfortunate but I was told long ago. In business you only make believe they are your friends. Because if you have something that is profitable somebody is sure to do whatever it takes to screw someone down the road to make a profit.

If Durham was doing it for the love of the game, sure. However, it's his job. People leave jobs for a better job every day.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Doesn't the 49 race out of Durham's shop in Kentucky? if so, that is going to be big changes for the 49 team.