Default World Finals Pay Was Less than Advertised?

Heard from Mcreadie Nation 39 on twitter that they were not paid what was promised and the WOO Finals had cut the purse is this true?

Go to Shane McDowell Racing Facebook page for that. That was incorrect.

https://www.facebook.com/shanemcdowe...2258871314956/

UPDATE: heard back from WoO Offcials - this was not a “standard event” so the purse was different for the World Finals…still the same amount to win, just less in the middle….for their “big finale” I just don’t get it…I guess they were hoping no one would notice….

Anyone know why World of Outlaws cut the purse for the World Finals from what they have posted on their website…we run 5th Saturday night and the $25k to win purse says 5th is $5k we got $4,250…so I looked at the $15k purse for Wed & Thurs and they were cut also 12th we got $1,400 and 9th we got $2,150
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Maybe I'm dumb, but instead of running two features with Thursday qualifying like in years past, they teams all ran three features this year with the four-day format. Sooo....that would seem like it's more take home money potential than in past years for all teams who raced, doesn't it?

WRG makes MEGA bank on this event. All of the costs are crown jewel level but the driver payout is not, and it was even worse before the recent increase. This is why corporate ran series are bad for dirt racing.

The irony of pointing out the evil of "corporate run series" where teams are racing for guaranteed six figure purses is especially funny when you read a thread or two down about the debacle of the 'independent promoter' who leased a track and stiffed everyone. WRG paid $145K to win the features across three series last week and people are still unhappy. Enough cars for 3 LCS races for the LMs, 2 for the BBM and a C main for the push and flips, and people are still unhappy. People complain about concession costs. I drank a ton of beer and water I brought in with a cooler at no cost once inside the track. I ate one pizza for $11 out of desperation lol.

Paid as much for one round of golf as four nights of watching the best racers in the country across three divisions with no B-Mods, C-Mods, D-Mods or bang-bangers dragging things out til 3am. This is the best bargain in dirt racing. I honestly, truly don't get it. If you want to bitch about something, bitch about the dust on the prelim nights.

Correct. This was not a standard event. It was their grand finale championship weekend. If anything it should have paid more than a standard event not less

Exactly Bullring, I assume the deflation in the purse is tied to the fact that WRG promotes the event so there is no sanction fee coming in from the track. Its a bad idea and should be fixed. Cant amount to too much money to just pay out the standard purse

"This was not a standard event. It was their grand finale championship weekend. If anything it should have paid more than a standard event not less"

Too many of you are looking at this strictly through the lense as a Dirt Late Model fan....the truth be told, they paid out $65,000 just in first place money on Saturday night for three divisions. It is not a Crown Jewel event for DLM's, but a premier event for dirt track racing.

They paid the purse that was advertised on the competitors notes that were available for download on their website. We can argue and debate whether it should be more, shouldn't be different than their established purses, etc. And I believe these debates I have merit but we can't say they cut the purse or didn't pay as advertised because that simply isn't true.

Let's take a look at the numbers.

I saw Shane McDowell's post about being shorted, and his response he got from the Outlaws on what the purse was, so I assume that's the purse everyone got paid. It's also the purse posted on the results page for the Outlaws.

From the sprints side (I assume the Late Model side is similar), the first 2 nights was close to the 'standard' 10k to win purses, with 1000 to start, except for it was 15k to win. The purses between the sprints and late models were EXACTLY the same, so on the sprint side, slight adjustments are made from the standard purse. The standard 24 car purse is $50,800, at Charlotte it was $56,300, so as you can see, pretty close to the standard with 5k more for the winner, and maybe 100 or 200 less for SOME positions 3 through 10. But overall, pretty much the same, and can see why some teams complained they got less than standard, but it was barely less.

The final night for sprints and late models was 25k to win, 1200 to start, total $82,650.

Modified purses were lower than the sprints and late models, 10k to win, 750 to start, 38k total purse for opening nights, with 15k to win, 1000 to start, 53k total purse for final night. Those are standard Super Dirt Series purses.

On the surface, JUST looking at the purses for one class for this 'big' event, you could complain that the purses were not high enough. But if you look at the total numbers, between all classes, they paid a LOT of money.

The opening night of Sprints/Late Models, Wed night, that was equal to a 30k to win show, 2400 to start, 113k purse. Thr and Fri with mods and either LM/S, it was equal to a 25k to win show, 1750 to start, 94k purse. Final night, equal to a 65k to win show, 3400 to start, 218k purse. Add it up, that's well over 500k for the 4 days. That's a lot of money for this 'big event'.

Plus, I'm sure it's not cheap to rent the track for 4 days. But in the end, did they make money, probably. But why is that a crime? Isn't that the goal of any track, series, promoter?? If it wasn't, racing as a sport would end pretty quickly.

SprintCarRatings.com
    Twitter
    Facebook

Looking at the Facebook chart that Shane posted 4250.00 and 2150.00 are not listed as a payout per position anywhere. Explain that one wrg. DOD will get to the bottom of it I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    "This was not a standard event. It was their grand finale championship weekend. If anything it should have paid more than a standard event not less"

Too many of you are looking at this strictly through the lense as a Dirt Late Model fan....the truth be told, they paid out $65,000 just in first place money on Saturday night for three divisions. It is not a Crown Jewel event for DLM's, but a premier event for dirt track racing.
    Look at at how you want, but guys ran on a demanding track and got paid less than running a standard woo show at a bullring somewhere.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Look at at how you want, but guys ran on a demanding track and got paid less than running a standard woo show at a bullring somewhere.
    What was the WOO race all season that had a higher number of SLM entries, if there was one?

The guys don't have to show up.

Let’s have a standard purse structure on our site, then pay something different. Makes a hole lot of sense