Default Jensen Ford and McCarter Brothers Racing Victorious at Duck River

Jensen Ford and McCarter Brothers Racing Victorious at Duck River
    Tennessee Racer Registers $5,000 Valvoline Iron-Man Late Model Series Win

GATLINBURG, Tenn. (11/07/22) – Jensen Ford piloted the Jim Beeman Lumber / West End Package Store / McCarter Brothers Racing No. 83 Tennessee Homemade Wines / Parkway Liquor Store / MasterSbilt Race Car / Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model to the $5,000 victory on Friday night in the opening round of the Deep Fried 75 at Duck River Raceway Park.

The win was Ford’s first with McCarter Brothers Racing and his second overall of the season. Additionally, the triumph came in his debut at the Middle Tennessee bullring.

“I had never been to Duck River (Raceway Park) before, so I guess you could say maybe it worked in my favor that I didn’t have any bad habits there yet,” Ford laughed. “We had to hold off (Josh) Putnam late there in the going on Friday but our (Hoosier) 1600 (compound) came in real nice in the last few laps, and we got faster at the end and got the win. On Saturday night we were pretty good but a flat tire knocked us out of the feature.

“Overall, I’m really happy with how the weekend went, and it feels great to finally get the team a win. They’ve given me a great opportunity here, and we’ll continue to build on it.”

On Friday afternoon, Jensen Ford ventured to Duck River Raceway Park (Wheel, Tenn.) to pilot the McCarter Brothers Racing No. 83 Late Model for the 10th annual Deep Fried 75.

Drawing 29 Valvoline Iron-Man Southern Series entries for the doubleheader weekend, Ford locked into the pole for the feature after topping the 29-car field in time trials with a blistering 12.681-second lap. Fending off Josh Putnam as he navigated through lapped-traffic, Jensen rolled to his second win of the season and his second career Valvoline Iron-Man Southern Series triumph.

He earned a $4,000 payday ahead of Putnam, Frame, Michael Chilton, and Sam Seawright.

After Mother Nature postponed Saturday’s finale to Sunday, Jensen secured his spot into the $10,000-to-win Deep Fried 75 with the fifth-fastest qualifying effort. Rolling off fifth, Ford suffered flat left-rear tire following a lap-three restart that brought a disappointing end his weekend.

Full results from the weekend are available at www.IMdirt.net .

The team’s plans for the upcoming weekend tentatively include a trip to Senoia (Ga.) Raceway for the second annual Peach State Classic. The Castrol FloRacing Night in America doubleheader includes a $20,000-to-win program on Friday and a $53,053-to-win event on Saturday.

McCarter Brothers Racing would to like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include McCarter Lumber Company, Parkway Liquor Store, Tennessee Homemade Wines, West End Package Store, Jim Beeman Lumber, McCarter Farms, Hyperco Springs, Base Racing Fuel, Bilstein Shocks, CVR Race Cars, Simpson Race Products, Butlerbuilt Seats, Hoosier Tire by Pup, Wells Motorsports Photography, and MyRacePass Website & Marketing Services.

For more information on McCarter Brothers Racing, please visit www.McCarterRacing.com .

PR Contact:
    Ben Shelton (ben.shelton@myracepass.com)
    Last edited by Ben Shelton; 11-07-2022 at 04:10 PM.