Default Jimmy Mars retiring

Just seen on FB Jimmy is retiring. They named USMTS hot shoe Dustin Sorenson as the house car driver.
    2023 race count: Winston Speedway (MI)-3, Spoon River Speedway (IL)-1, Lincoln Speedway (IL)-1, Farmer City Raceway (IL)-1, Fairbury American Legion Speedway (IL)-1, Thunderbird Raceway (MI)-7, Kokomo Speedway (IN)-1, Butler Motor Speedway (MI)-1, Mt.Pleasant Speedway (MI)-1, I-96 Speedway (MI)-1, Merritt Speedway (MI)-3

Full press release at http://www.jimmymarsracing.com

Congrats on a long and great career. I've always had him as one of my favorites and chased a lot of races where I knew I would be able to watch him race and come bother him and Chris in the pits.

Dustin Sorenson is a great pick for them to put in that car and I wish all of them the best going forward.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

Good to see they are keeping a car on the road.

Big fan of Jimmy Mars. The 1997 Dream battle between Mars/Barnett has to be the most intense/longest/cleanest racing i have ever seen.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

He may be retiring from the driving duties but I'm sure his time in the shop at MB customs will keep him active. 1 of the true racers that's done it his way.

Sad to see him leave racing. At least I got to see him at Davenport one more time. Very cool he’s giving the modified driver a shot. Hope to see him next year in some big races.