Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DTWC at Eldora

Default DTWC at Eldora

Never saw that coming with the release of the LOLMS 2023 schedule.

Odd. Not saying it's a bad thing at all. But if you've been going to the DTWC and Eldora for many years, it'll be weird attending this event there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Odd. Not saying it's a bad thing at all. But if you've been going to the DTWC and Eldora for many years, it'll be weird attending this event there.
    Very strange IMO.

Not that surprising. It may be also replacing the million special. Wonder what it will pay. Eldora seating capacity a big benefit too.

$100,000 to win

Quote Originally Posted by raburke23 View Post
    $100,000 to win
    It’s about time they chose a surface worthy of the race. Lawrenceburg was the best of everywhere they ran before, but it never got the fair shake it deserved. Goodbye PRP train races….
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Well with Eldora as the last race will we see 110 cars show up at the DTWC? I mean most tracks will be shut down by then. Also will this make the World 100 bigger? And this means Eldora is now the Ultimate track for Dirt Late Models.

Very odd. Not sure we needed another race or a Lucas race at Eldora.

Sure gonna help JDs legacy.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Well: you guys wanted it gone from Portsmouth- now it’s moving and some are not happy!
    What does it take to please you? Maybe I should rephrase that to- “ can you be pleased” ?

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    Well with Eldora as the last race will we see 110 cars show up at the DTWC? I mean most tracks will be shut down by then. Also will this make the World 100 bigger? And this means Eldora is now the Ultimate track for Dirt Late Models.
    Eldora has always been the premier track for dirt late models.

Yea fox, this thread didn't start out well. I think eldora is an excellent choice. I laugh at the comment another win for JD. Big sexy had just as good a season as JD this year. 2023 comes along and the 76 along with many others chased JD at most of the bigger paydays. Let's remember there is rumors of his crew chief leaving. Back to the dtwc, end of year, I also see in excess of 100 cars. At least you're going to see some passing.

Not excited for this hardly at all. Too close to World 100. I thing the DTWC always had a little mystique about it at Pennsboro, Atomic, or even Lawrenceburg, the little guy at least had a shot. Now it's just another Dream or World. I'm not saying I won't go, it just won't be with the same enthusiasm as going to the World or the DTWC at a different venue.

Yes Jason Durham is leaving Davenport to join Storms/Johnny Scott.
    As for the 2023 DTWC: anyone hearing any rumbling as to how this change came into play??
    Many different people involved with DTWC. Starts with Carl Short- then a track, sponsors, currently Lucas Oil. Just curious as to who made the initial move to put this deal together. Has Lucas been looking- has Eldora shown interest- did The marriage between Carl and Portsmouth go sour. I noticed that Lucas on has 1 race at Portsmouth next year instead of the normal 3. No July 4th weekend race there.
    I would guess Lucas, Carl and Eldora have been working on this for awhile.
    Just wondering if anyone has heard what brought it on.

Well it want be a one lane race track

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    Well it want be a one lane race track
    Wasn’t there a whole lot of complaining about the racing Eldora produced for the last Crown Jewel there? 😂
    Mike
    I hate the Steelers more than I hate the Buckeyes !

Facebook

Guess I’m taking the purist approach on this one…I’m not crazy about the move. If the DTWC goes to a format where it moves around to different top notch venues every year, so be it. But the purist in me would prefer to see Eldora host just “their” events. To me that’s part of what makes Eldora so special…not only is the track what it is, but their events are Eldora’s events.

I went to my first ever DTWC this year and it basically sucked. I don’t really know how I feel about it being at Eldora, but it had to move from Portsmouth. Had to. The fouled up way too many tangibles to keep that race. I was there all 3 nights and only managed to see one feature for the whole weekend. Yeah it was the one I went to see, but come on. That’s an expensive ticket for the main event of each night to get done at 1 AM when it’s in the 40’s.

After XR rebuilds pennsboro will Carl take the race back to the place we're it all started ?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    After XR rebuilds pennsboro will Carl take the race back to the place we're it all started ?
    I believe you will see it at Pennsboro in 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by roughride View Post
    Not excited for this hardly at all. Too close to World 100. I thing the DTWC always had a little mystique about it at Pennsboro, Atomic, or even Lawrenceburg, the little guy at least had a shot. Now it's just another Dream or World. I'm not saying I won't go, it just won't be with the same enthusiasm as going to the World or the DTWC at a different venue.
    Lets be honest... The "little guy" stopped having a chance long ago.