Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DTWC at Eldora

I agree that PRP sucked, but I don’t know that Eldora is the answer either. Like, I know that Eldora is the king of DLM venues, but do I think adding another DLM biggie to the slate kinda cheapens em all.

Was just going back to Atomic just not an option?
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

If Eldora gets 20,000 people for the World 100 and DTWC will we see it stay at Eldora? Also if it gets around 100 late models I would see it staying at Eldora.

Well, I hope I get to see them back at pennsboro. I hope with the improvements they make that they take this slm we have today into consideration. If that return is anywhere close to being successful the dtwc will be back where it belongs. End of story. Pennsboro, I'll bring my 6 passenger golf cart up, we can shuttle folks from your front yard for a C note. Start digging a hole for a pig roast.

Lots of work to be done to Pennsboro before we start thinking about the DTWC moving there.

Yea Pennsboro will need alot of work probably use 2024 and 2025 as a way to get a feel for the track and need more room so cars can pass. Eldora was the only real option they had. I think Carl will make more money there. More seats and more cars will show up. Its time to face facts thats the only place that can hold a major event anywhere in the WV, OHIO KENTUCKY area as far as big fan counts and car counts.

Well, I hope I get to see them back at pennsboro. I hope with the improvements they make that they take this slm we have today into consideration. If that return is anywhere close to being successful the dtwc will be back where it belongs. End of story. Pennsboro, I'll bring my 6 passenger golf cart up, we can shuttle folks from your front yard for a C note. Start digging a hole for a pig roast.

Hummm, I had nothing to do with the double post. Ghosts ?

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    Yea Pennsboro will need alot of work probably use 2024 and 2025 as a way to get a feel for the track and need more room so cars can pass. Eldora was the only real option they had. I think Carl will make more money there. More seats and more cars will show up. Its time to face facts thats the only place that can hold a major event anywhere in the WV, OHIO KENTUCKY area as far as big fan counts and car counts.
    Florence says otherwise. WVMS pulled off a major event and could. Atomic could as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Odd. Not saying it's a bad thing at all. But if you've been going to the DTWC and Eldora for many years, it'll be weird attending this event there.
    In my opinion, the DTWC hasn’t really been the DTWC since it left Pennsboro. Neither has the Hillbilly 100. This move to Eldora makes it even weirder. It’s just another Lucas race that nobody cares about.

The only thing I have really with it being at Eldora is it just sounds weird. But it would sound weird at Florence too. There’s probably a reason that Florence or Atomic weren’t considered. Lernerville is closer to the traditional geography of it. I think it’s another one off. But as y’all have seen over the years I don’t know anything really.

I bet if Eldora gets 100 late models and 15,000 fans it will stay at Eldora. Also if they get 100 mods as well you talk about keeping it I bet Carl will smile all the way to the bank as will Eldora.

Tony, Carl, and the winner will be laughing all of the way to the bank ! !

If they decide to run this as Mods Thursday complete show and Friday Super Late Qualifing and heats and say Street Stocks complete show on Friday and Saturday B-Mains and Feature for Super Lates and a Complete show for Non Wing Sprints you might see alot of cars and fans for the weekend.

For crying out loud, no mods and no street stocks. No Legends no nothing but late models. Although it would have been pretty cool if they had run that Steel Block feature during the seemingly 2 hour intermission that they took Saturday night. The announcer talked about every driver in that race for 5 minutes trying to fill time. All of us were like, why don’t they just run that race? I am all for support classes, but use them right if you have them.

Complete show for non-wing sprints at the Dirt Track World Championships? Latemodelman, are you serious? Are you forgetting that they would have just run the Four Crown a few weeks earlier?

as TerryM said just another Lucas points race that nobody cares about. The fun of the DTWC was left behind in a valley in West By God Virginia.

Eldora does not need another big race, let alone a points series race. Why does the DTWC even need Lucas if you are taking it to Eldora? I mean why not just run them all there? I would love to hear if Josh King or Lernerville was even given an opportunity to host it. The Dirt Late Model Hall of Fame is at Florence ya'll!

All I know is that this is the first time that both series have put out a schedule this year and guys like Barry Braun and Rigsby are licking their chops making their schedules.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    Eldora does not need another big race, let alone a points series race. Why does the DTWC even need Lucas if you are taking it to Eldora? I mean why not just run them all there? I would love to hear if Josh King or Lernerville was even given an opportunity to host it. The Dirt Late Model Hall of Fame is at Florence ya'll!
    I've always heard that the kings do not want to charge fans for camping. It must be true because they could make a killing off of camping on the N/S weekend. That being said, they would have no interest in holding the dtwc. PRP made it's money off of the concessions and camping.

The “fun” of those special places and races have taken a backseat to profits and convenience these days…None of it seems real sustainable,I think we will see it cannibalize itself into making none of the series sanctioning really matter anymore.

Hope I’m wrong.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

At the end of the day the racing will be a lot better at Eldora than PRP. That's all that should matter to people. If you're going to the DTWC just because of the camping that doesn't make a ton of sense. The camping situation was also very poor at PRP if you had to camp in the swamp. There were very few things that were "fun" about PRP, downtown and the Ribber were the most fun about PRP. Downtown Greenville is nice too, you can enjoy that instead.
    Last edited by GEAR_HEAD; 11-13-2022 at 12:02 PM.