Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Pierce

BBQ I just hope he's competitive like he has been in the Perce chassis because, he is worth the price of admission when he's on the track.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Excellent response and spot on. I just hope he can get adjusted to the Longhorn. It seems like he struggled in the rocket but, maybe just not enough time in the car.
    It going to come down to how they use the information given. They were trying to do their own thing on those Rockets. It was obvious to my eyes from a distance. They didn't even look right on the track.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by ready2rd View Post
    Fastford and 427 the point i was trying to make is bob is building fast cars his car is very competitive to the big name chassis builders all while he builds his own with very few other cars to get support from like other builders ,Far as ole school yes he does things his way without all the engineers or engineering and makes it work.
    when little bobby started racing , pierce was a well known name in the chassis building world , they were building as many or more than a lot of other builders , there was even several running down here in the south with success , I am not taking any thing away from bobby,s accomplishments , but to make it sound like he started out like me with some jack stands and an old lincoln 110 wire welder , just dont add up to me .....

It was a few of his slobber knocking fans that made that statement. Bobby or Bob have never made that claim that I can recall.

And they wonder why?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Before he decided to order 2 Longhorns I sure wish him and Scott would have talked and Bobby would take the seat of the 0. Man would that be a fun to watch as a fan

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by IL LM Fan View Post
    I think a lot of his Schedule is due to courting Abby. They seem to be on Vacation a lot. He often posts on IG where they're playing in water while there's a big race going on somewhere. They were in Vegas a Month or so ago.
    Maybe she is courting him

Tireguy17
    Scott does not have the financial resources to put another driver in his car. Also, Bloomquist Chasis are designed to be driven fairly straight in the turns- probably wouldn’t fit Bobby’s driving style. It would be very interesting to see him try one tho!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    It going to come down to how they use the information given. They were trying to do their own thing on those Rockets. It was obvious to my eyes from a distance. They didn't even look right on the track.
    That would explain why they had their ups and downs in the Rocket. Well it should be interesting to see how he does in the longhorn. I know he drove Vic Hill's car but, I haven't heard if he gave any feed back about the car. That would be interesting to hear if he has.

He has always done well in his dad's design. I do understand Bob's health is not the best. What I don't understand is if you have the ammount of success achieved in your design, why change it ? I'm sure they use a jig when building a chassis, pipe is pipe, cut it, fit it, clamp it. Welding is another story, you need a guy that knows what he is doing. A guess, but they have to have at least 2 complete cars sitting in there shop. Are they tore up or stressed that bad that they are going over to horns ? I do agree with the comments when Bobby was in the rockets. They seemed to be off, so who says it can be different if they switch to horns. Bloomer made the comment recently he is done building cars. Can you call Brucebuilt and get one ?

Just my two cents here.. in the Pierce Chassis, Bobby is always a threat to win on any track with a cushion. However in their own chassis the past couple of years when tracks go dry slick he is more of basically a top 10 car and not really a contender to win. While I feel like they gained a lot in dry slick in 2022 there are still several guys they’re not gonna beat. 49, 76, 44. Of all the big chassis builders currently, longhorns seem to be the most versatile in both cushion and dry slick conditions. It may take a bit to get the hang of the longhorns, but I think this is a really smart decision for Bobby moving forward. They can always keep a couple Pierce Platinums around for tracks he has them dialed in at locally while they’re dialing in the Longhorns too.

BBQ I just hope he's competitive like he has been in the Perce chassis because, he is worth the price of admission when he's on the track.
    That is for sure ! ! Right now I would say that he is " The GREATEST Show on DIRT " ! ! ! !

That would explain why they had their ups and downs in the Rocket. Well it should be interesting to see how he does in the longhorn. I know he drove Vic Hill's car but, I haven't heard if he gave any feed back about the car. That would be interesting to hear if he has.
    Towards the end of him in rocket cars I feel like he was getting around in them petty good. The things that sticks out in my mind are is fact that I think every rocket car he sold was bent. From my perspective it looked like they went back to their own stuff because the cost to fix the rocket cars was two high for them. Well.... those horns bend just as easy as those rockets. And I'm willing to bet money he has issues with noses early on. Not that I'm downing them in any way but it seems like they have every thing in the horns shaved down to the bear minimum to get the job done in "normal" circumstances. They don't usually fair to well with jumping the cushion and I feel like the front suspension gets bent really easy with minimal contact. These could be big problems for BP. It will be fun to watch regardless

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    Towards the end of him in rocket cars I feel like he was getting around in them petty good. The things that sticks out in my mind are is fact that I think every rocket car he sold was bent. From my perspective it looked like they went back to their own stuff because the cost to fix the rocket cars was two high for them. Well.... those horns bend just as easy as those rockets. And I'm willing to bet money he has issues with noses early on. Not that I'm downing them in any way but it seems like they have every thing in the horns shaved down to the bear minimum to get the job done in "normal" circumstances. They don't usually fair to well with jumping the cushion and I feel like the front suspension gets bent really easy with minimal contact. These could be big problems for BP. It will be fun to watch regardless
    Man you make some good points. That's what I was curious about. Can the car hold up to pounding the cushion. I figured he needs to be able to run a little lower on the track and not pound the cushion all the time. yes it will be fun to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    They definitely made some progress. It may have been better if the cars were still straight.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Man you make some good points. That's what I was curious about. Can the car hold up to pounding the cushion. I figured he needs to be able to run a little lower on the track and not pound the cushion all the time. yes it will be fun to watch
    One thing is for certain, Bobby will get everything out of a racecar that it can give !! He leaves nothing on the table. Was it Richard Childress that told old Dale Earnhardt to " Bring me the checkered flag or be carrying the steering wheel back here " ? Thats basically how young Bobby seems to be; All or nothing ! !

I’m totally great with that attitude…..as long as there are no excuses made for it.

That’s one of the things I loved about the 3.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    One thing is for certain, Bobby will get everything out of a racecar that it can give !! He leaves nothing on the table. Was it Richard Childress that told old Dale Earnhardt to " Bring me the checkered flag or be carrying the steering wheel back here " ? Thats basically how young Bobby seems to be; All or nothing ! !
    He does, I can't wait to see what he does in the Longhorn. He does put it all on the table that's for sure.

He does, I can't wait to see what he does in the Longhorn. He does put it all on the table that's for sure.
    He needs to have some way to be easier on that RR tire. Flat tires have cost him races this year that he otherwise would have easily won .

I dont understand the negative perception of running the cushion in a Horn. Davenport probly won 75% of his wins on the cushion. Hes just wayyyy smoother doing it!

Bobby will be fine in a Longhorn or Rocket or Bloomquist...what ever he drives. He's a great driver and is young, With time he will only get better. He has already done more then a lot of racers twice his age. The kid has a lot of talent and is only going to get better.