Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: good track list

We have one in our region that has gone from meh??? To pretty darn good in the last 3 or 4 years and that’s the track in lakeview SC.
    It was notorious for one lane ,surface hard as a brick bat that provided pretty crappy racing for years….it’s certainly not perfect and still has its good and bad but the good far outweigh the bad these days there.
    Well done to the whole track staff.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

☝️☝️ I was there 1 time in the mid to late 90's don't remember much only that it was like 2.5-3hrs from me.

It’s completely different than it was back then…..most of the racing was very forgettable during that time.
    It’s worth another look.

1/4 mile bull rings .... where air doesn't play a huge roll

^^^^^can't disagree, watch the summer nationals, some excellent racing g on those bullrings.

I think Kankakee is a very racy track. I like the way you sit right next to the track. The track is fast also, I have watch alot of good races there.

Atomic has gotten alot better over the last few years. I hope to get up there a few times this year. Also think Lawrenceburg IN is a great track/facility. Too bad they don't add supers to their schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Spinnet View Post
    Atomic has gotten alot better over the last few years. I hope to get up there a few times this year. Also think Lawrenceburg IN is a great track/facility. Too bad they don't add supers to their schedule.
    Memorial Day world of outlaws sprint cars race at lawrenceburg is one of my favorite races every year

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    ^^^^^can't disagree, watch the summer nationals, some excellent racing g on those bullrings.
    East Lincoln just north of Charlotte is a nice bullring

Donnellson, IA is very racy as well.
    Last edited by fryefan; 11-14-2022 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    East Lincoln just north of Charlotte is a nice bullring
    Unfortunately East Lincoln would be on the horrible racing list as far as late models are concerned. Smaller cars (especially the mini-sprints) put on a good show, but not big enough to truly race side by side....Now Lakeview has opportunities for sure. Had never been until this year, went on a night that it had rained and it didn't work out so well but it wasn't for the lack of effort. Heard bad things about the place but was very surprised and will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    Unfortunately East Lincoln would be on the horrible racing list as far as late models are concerned. Smaller cars (especially the mini-sprints) put on a good show, but not big enough to truly race side by side....Now Lakeview has opportunities for sure. Had never been until this year, went on a night that it had rained and it didn't work out so well but it wasn't for the lack of effort. Heard bad things about the place but was very surprised and will be back.
    I like late models at East Lincoln. It’s definitely tight and hard to pass. It’s a nice change from our big half mile at Lancaster. Both have their identities.

Guess he never saw Buddy "Bringin Hell With Him" Smith race there!

It's all in what you want to see, go to Beckley or even Brasstown- cars can enter and exit the corners three wide and never touch all through the corner. Whynot speedway, you can be running 3rd at flagstand, 1st on backstretch, and cross the start finish line in 6th. Never said I didn't like East Lincoln, just that it is not a multi grove track that produces great racing. And I have had my share of wheel marks with Buddy back in the day, miss seeing him around.

I’ve never heard that nickname but like it a whole lot…….thanks for sharing

Hate to say it but I think it was another Duane Goins tag

After watching some races from Marshalltown this year it's fast becoming one of my favorite track to watch races from. All the classes put on a good show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdOd7Qbbyo4

I know this is not late models but, one heck of a good race.

Quote Originally Posted by BHinBC View Post
    Hate to say it but I think it was another Duane Goins tag
    He says some funny stuff sometimes, that’s a good one.

The last big track which consistently provides great racing is PPMS unfortunately there's not much super racing there anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerky View Post
    The last big track which consistently provides great racing is PPMS unfortunately there's not much super racing there anymore.
    Port Royal.