Default Happy Birthday Scott Bloomquist

Another great year for Scott on this earth👍 Hopefully many more years of riding the saucer spaceships 👍

Nice pic 👍

I remember that day. October 1990...my first World 100 and what a race it was.

Anyone know why the flag was at half mast?

Wow ! what a great picture of Scott and his race car. Seeing the cast on his left arm indicates to me he ran that race with a broken left wrist. I dont think that cast permitted much use of the wrist. Happy birthday Scott and good luck in 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    Anyone know why the flag was at half mast?
    Best I can correlate is the death of retired USAF General Curtis Emerson LeMay, aka "Old Iron Pants".

He died October 1, 1990 in California and was born in Columbus, OH. I can't locate any federal declaration but governors are permitted to order flags to half mast for persons or events in their states.

LeMay's history is quite the read...look him up. He even did some racing after retirement (sports cars). Best I can come up with.
    "Ain't it good to be alive and raisin' hell in Tennessee!" - Dusty Rhodes (1988)

Thanks Oiler
    Scott broke the wrist while helping his dad load cattle into the back of a Chevy truck(with cattle racks). They had 1 to many and were trying to close the back gate- the cows shifted around moving the gate they were trying to close. The hand/wrist were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I know Scott won a few races with that broken wrist. I remember seeing pictures from the National 100 victory lane with his hand still in a cast. The National 100 was the first weekend in November, so not long after the picture above.

I thought that wrist was from crossville speedway when ole baxter bullet and scott tangled and scott when bouncing down the front wall.

Interesting info about Scott racing with a broken wrist. In the picture I can see a trophy near Scotts race cars front wheel. Did Scott win the race where the picture was taken ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    Interesting info about Scott racing with a broken wrist. In the picture I can see a trophy near Scotts race cars front wheel. Did Scott win the race where the picture was taken ?
    Photo was taken October 14, 1990 at the rescheduled (a couple times) World 100. Bloomer did win with the bad wrist. Runner-up Tom Helfrich was pretty amazed after the race that he was beaten by a guy with a broken wrist. Iowan Bob Hill had a great run that afternoon finishing 5th.

Thanks for the info about the picture and race results. Scott looked like he was on top of the world then. I can see the free spirit he was and how he did things his way. Picture says alot.