Default Positive LF Camber

How much positive camber are people running on the LF these days? With the cars being tighter and actually turning into the corners now more than slinging them in, are the manufacturers recommending more LF positive camber or are guys adding more to help get the car to turn better in the center?

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    How much positive camber are people running on the LF these days? With the cars being tighter and actually turning into the corners now more than slinging them in, are the manufacturers recommending more LF positive camber or are guys adding more to help get the car to turn better in the center?
    5 to 6.5 isn't uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    5 to 6.5 isn't uncommon.
    What is the actual camber when the car is at corner entry attitude?
    With the cars traveling further than ever, static cambers relate little to on track performance.

LF camber starts the weight transfer process, largely on entry, but can affect exit as well.

With what I have measured, modern cars take the chassis somewhere in the neighborhood of 5-7 degrees fore and aft, and 5-7 degrees right and left. Meaning, you end up losing caster on both sides, losing positive camber on the left front, and losing negative camber on the right front. I’ve measured (using Hammond setup plates) somewhere in the neighborhood of 5-7 degrees of camber loss on the left front. On the right front the camber loss is much less due to the extreme angle of the upper control arm. In my opinion, if you don’t have at least 5-7 degrees of positive camber in the left front, statically, you will end up with zero or negative camber, dynamically. We actually ran 10 degrees of static camber in the left front and end up with something like 4 degrees dynamically. Perhaps a little much still but the front seemed to turn well this year. Similar story for caster but gets complicated by angles of lower control arms and anti-dive. Some of the angle of the chassis fore and aft comes from the front dropping so you don’t get see the full 5-7 degrees of rake as caster loss. Something closer to 2-3 degrees loss is what I’ve measured. I hope this helps.