Default Davenport Thaw Brawl 2023 dates are....

March 24-26.
    no sanction mentioned yet... it was MARS in 2022. izzo is the promoter(sixteens race promotions).
    Last edited by ftfiowa; 11-18-2022 at 11:41 PM.
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

I was curious as to what's going on with the MARS series. No mention of The Thaw Brawl being MARS and two of their big early season races at FC and FALS are now Lucas sanctioned. I was thinking the series was getting rolling last season but maybe not?

woooo, be cold in March

Over under on at least two roll overs because of track conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by 427c.i. View Post
    I was curious as to what's going on with the MARS series. No mention of The Thaw Brawl being MARS and two of their big early season races at FC and FALS are now Lucas sanctioned. I was thinking the series was getting rolling last season but maybe not?
    Don't know what's going on with the schedule, but they just posted they were looking for help Nov, 7th.
    https://www.facebook.com/RACEMARS/ph...9840286424149/

Quote Originally Posted by 427c.i. View Post
    I am pretty sure that it is a MARS race as I saw a post about it on Facebook by sixteenpromotions, i.e. Tony Izzo.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    I am pretty sure that it is a MARS race as I saw a post about it on Facebook by sixteenpromotions, i.e. Tony Izzo.
    The ad says promoted by Sixteen Promotions, no mention of MARS. Since Izzo is both of those entities, I’m curious as to no mention of the MARS series in the ad. I’m wondering if the series folded or if he sold it? As I said, I thought he had it going decent last year and had something to build on, now no mention in an Izzo promoted season kick off event.

Kind of weird there is no mention of MARS. Track conditions will be perfect as long as weather cooperates. Ricky is the man and has a great crew. Can’t wait to see the rest of Davenport Speedways races next year. Gonna be a great 2023.

gotta feeling MARS is no more.

2022 MLRA schedule was out on 11-8-21, running late this year it seems.
    MLRA & LOLMDS are racing on 4-21-22 just 230 miles apart and 256 miles apart on 4-22-22.
    there may be more SLMR races in 2023 with there no longer being any I-80 races at all. they have to find new venues.
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

MLRA schedule came out today, they moved the dates at lucas oil spdwy off of 4-21/22 and up to end of march
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

Wouldn't it be great if WRG discontinued the late models. The fields for the lucas series and the mlra would be impressive. I know it will never happen, but it would be nice.

"Wouldn't it be great if WRG discontinued the late models. The fields for the lucas series and the mlra would be impressive. I know it will never happen, but it would be nice."

So let me get this straight.....You want to dissolve the second highest paying series in the country that supports 8 to 10 Full Time drivers, and helps supplement the incomes of many other teams, including LOLMS drivers, in order to get a few more cars, at a series that pays $5,000 to $7,000 to win at most of their races? Is that what you are really thinking??????

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Wouldn't it be great if WRG discontinued the late models. The fields for the lucas series and the mlra would be impressive. I know it will never happen, but it would be nice.
    Not only no, but hell no.

As it stands the woo late models are not the show they used to be. They don't have the top late model teams. I just can't pay 40.00 minimum for a ticket to see if there going to have a full field. They need, much more than lucas, locals to show. Dennis Erb can run with anyone, after that the quality thins out rapidly. Max Blair, is a welcomed addition, and if he runs the season mite just win the championship because he will have notes on tracks he never raced at. Madden may show up at the higher paying shows along with a few others if there isn't a conflict on dates. Ted Johnson started the woo brand and his traveling show on the road. Few, the posse, could run with the guys traveling. Compare woo and Lucas drivers, a local talent usually at a track he frequents, can run with woo. That doesn't seem to happen when the lucas series comes to town. BP has no series he's tied down to, he races woo and many times he is the class of the field. He races lucas and he becomes maybe a top 5 finisher. When Richards pulled team valvoline of the tour and jumped over to lucas, I think he saw it also, you want to be #1 you got to run where the top teams are. I don't really pay that much attention to woo late models, the sprints, that's another story.

I look at it differently than you. I kind of like not knowing who is going to win when I attend a race. Yes the LOLMS has more stars, but in all honestly, their races are usually won by only a handful of drivers. The WOOLMS still has enough name drivers to hold my interest. I like the fact that the series is no longer dominated by one or two teams and the local drivers can be competitive. For me, it is like going to an All Star sprint car race vs the WoO. I love both series and the All Stars don't have the very best drivers like the Outlaws, but they still produce entertaining races just like the WOOLMS. To each their own I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    I look at it differently than you. I kind of like not knowing who is going to win when I attend a race. Yes the LOLMS has more stars, but in all honestly, their races are usually won by only a handful of drivers. The WOOLMS still has enough name drivers to hold my interest. I like the fact that the series is no longer dominated by one or two teams and the local drivers can be competitive. For me, it is like going to an All Star sprint car race vs the WoO. I love both series and the All Stars don't have the very best drivers like the Outlaws, but they still produce entertaining races just like the WOOLMS. To each their own I guess?
    Both series are still dang hard to win a race in. McCreadie raced 6 WOO features this year with finishes of 20th, 11th, 9th, 7th, 5th & 4th. By some peoples logic the WOO guys showed him where the bear $hits in the woods.

And for those that think Sheppard can't run with the Lucas guys:

McCreadie 48 races 6 wins 25 top 5's 41 top 10's
    Sheppard 48 races 6 wins 26 top 5's 39 top 10's

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    I agree with this assessment.