Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

As a racing enthusiast myself, I know firsthand how important it is to choose the right tire agent . Reading through the experiences and opinions of others in the thread has been eye-opening, and has really helped me feel more confident in my own decision-making process.
    Last edited by samgood; 03-22-2023 at 08:58 AM.

Tire rule, lol………
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Our touring group is converting from pretty much run whatcha brung to the new national LM tire with this season being a burn off year with weight adjustments except that now have to be all Hoosier so I'm stuck with a bunch of new American Racer 11" tires. The new Hoosier rule will only allow the 1 & 2 on the left side and the harder 3 & 4 on the right or left. After seeing the new tires at a friend's shop last week Don't see how the 1 would make it through a heat race on the muddiest track and after a season with these wouldn't be surprised if our group didn't just settle on all 2 or 3 models. At $215 a pop weekend warriors' tire bills would about bankrupt a guy. Oddly the Hoosier Dirt Bozz, 8" version and out of production since 2020 and a durometer of around 55, can still whup many of the bigger tires and gets a weight penalty of 200 lbs. over the NLM tires. I've still got a dozen or more and am planning on using them up first. Should be interesting.