Default East Bay Raceway

Is the June of 2024 shut down date still on or is there a chance it will stay open?

Lots of rumors. The phosphate company got into some trouble for leak into the bay that killed some fish. Heard that may delay the closing of the track. Also heard N FL is poised to take Winternationals over

Gosh North Florida would be awful. Just not the same vibe at all away from the beaches, restaurants, etc. There would not be anything to do during the day around Lake City. I sure hope East Bay can stay. I thought Lucas would wanna build a track in Florida as Speedweeks is not going away and is more popular than ever. That is evident by the money that was dumped into Volusia and the massive crowds they get.

Tampa is awesome during the day and the beaches are very good around there. Another reason East Bay is so good. Maybe the YouTube guy Cleetus McFarland will build something for dirt in Bradenton

All series and tracks need each other to make FL Speed weeks successful for all involved. I think Volusia's car counts would suffer if Lucas doesn't find an appropriate replacement for East Bay to make the trip worth it for the teams. Maybe not tho.....

Easy Bay is only as popular as it is now because we are all of the understanding it will be closing, the races got 40s-50s cars before the announcement was made.

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    All series and tracks need each other to make FL Speed weeks successful for all involved. I think Volusia's car counts would suffer if Lucas doesn't find an appropriate replacement for East Bay to make the trip worth it for the teams. Maybe not tho.....Easy Bay is only as popular as it is now because we are all of the understanding it will be closing, the races got 40s-50s cars before the announcement was made.
    I think you are right. North Fl is a 3/8th mile track with wide corners. It will work and as you say it will keep all involved for speed weeks.

North Florida sux like an extremely rotten grapefruit!
    North Florida, All-Tech or Bubbas will not fill the void in Ga/Florida Speedweeks after East Bay is gone. As you all have stated the Bay Area gives so much to do during the day- Ocala and Lake City- what do they offer?? It’s about the same scenario as if Eldora was to close and the Dream/World moved to Portsmouth.(Although Portsmouth does have the “Ribber”) In response to post #3-why would Lucas build a track in Florida for 6 Series events per year? Forest Lucas probably regrets spending millions in Wheatland on Lucas Oul Speedway. But he has the bragging rights to a “showplace” & he definitely can afford it. His 16,000 acre cattle ranch is just a few miles away.

I hope East Bay stays open somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    I hope East Bay stays open somehow.
    Only if Mosaic wants it too, and leases it out! The creditor has been paid!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Only if Mosaic wants it too, and leases it out! The creditor has been paid!
    Someone needs to invite the CEO of that place to a super late model test and get him hooked on dirt racing

Bet he's been on that big mound a time or two! lol

There is little doubt everyone loves east bay. My question is how well does the track do through out the coarse of a year ? They need a lot more than speedweeks, you never hear about east bay after February.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    There is little doubt everyone loves east bay. My question is how well does the track do through out the coarse of a year ? They need a lot more than speedweeks, you never hear about east bay after February.
    There are plenty of tracks all over the US that only finish the season in the black because of special event(s) they host.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    A friend of mine from Tampa who races in a lower class says it's pretty much a back gate track thru out the year. They depend on speed weeks to get them thru the season. The only big crowds they get are for the late models and sprints during February.

Lucas needs to set it up to where they begin and end the season there in 2024. Send that place out with a bang if it is indeed going to be gone. I'm not saying move the dtwc there or anything, just give the place one last hoorah.

Let me tell y'all the rumor I have heard...
    EPA will not give the new owners a permit for their business and East Bay may stay alive a few more years, like I said just a rumor. I love EB and will see all in February, my 23rd year camping.
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    There are plenty of tracks all over the US that only finish the season in the black because of special event(s) they host.
    So true. I know of a few tracks that rely on a Summer Nationals event to carry them for the year. If the event gets rained out or canceled, it puts them behind money wise for the year.
    8/13/16