Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Huddy O’Neil

Default Huddy O’Neil

Kid needs to learn how to race smart. Rocket ain’t gonna like this garbage. Huddy hit the wall before Carpenters car touched his.

Every time I think man this is that guys best post yet, you always top it. Kudos sir!

Video of the accident from outside the fence.

https://www.facebook.com/riley.rogal...97851805140072

From that angle you can see Hudson ran his rr into the wall that made his rf swing into the wall.

Just my opinion. This was more Hudson's fault than anything. Here is better video. He nailed the wall with his right rear before Tyler got near him. Did he get pinched when Ty slid up maybe, but at the same time, he went into the corner like gang busters wide open. There is such thing as a break peddle to live to fight another lap during the race.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 12-03-2022 at 09:05 AM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    Every time I think man this is that guys best post yet, you always top it. Kudos sir!
     I try. You gotta race smart. SLM car is awful expensive

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Video of the accident from outside the fence.https://www.facebook.com/riley.rogal...97851805140072From that angle you can see Hudson ran his rr into the wall that made his rf swing into the wall.Just my opinion. This was more Hudson's fault than anything. Here is better video. He nailed the wall with his right rear before Tyler got near him. Did he get pinched when Ty slid up maybe, but at the same time, he went into the corner like gang busters wide open. There is such thing as a break peddle to live to fight another lap during the race.
    You got it right Sir

I’d like to see someone race Tyler the way he races. Maybe Terbo or Pierce will bully him tonight.

Thumbs up

The 3 of them racing for the win would be a pretty good show. All three of them going like gang busters.

Saw this comment by Zack Dohm on Jeff Hokers Facebook page and I agree with his assessment.

Zack Dohm
    It’s a tough deal for both drivers, great for the fans, probably great for both drivers as far as selling merch. Tyler has a little bit of a I don’t give a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) reputation and everyone knows it. The top there basically needs to be used to gain momentum for a slider or a dive bomb door job. 90% of the outside pass attempts failed. Hud should have backed out and tried to get a run on him off the top and just ran it in there under him.

Tyler doesn’t have mirrors, people are right, but you can turn your head to the right while racing to see if a nose is there or not… so he could have seen him and probably did see him, I’d say his goal wasn’t put hud in the fence, it was probably more like if a car is 90” wide he wanted to leave him about an 85” gap so hud would have to lift, but he didn’t. I honestly think if Hud had more experience at gateway he wouldn’t have tried to stay on his outside. You can kinda use that you never cleared me and I’m on your outside strategy anywhere in the world except that track, it’s hard to go side by side down a straightaway at gateway with two super lates, they’re wide.
    Fact is (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) happens fast on a track that small, and everyone is talking bout em today.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 12-03-2022 at 09:51 AM.
    Nathan Stephens

Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Everyone watching the slow mo trying to blame Hudson are just showing their ignorance, you don’t race in slow mo. Hudson “drove into the wall” because Tyler forced him into it, and didn’t give him any room at all. If he gets any lower he makes contact with the 28 and you got the same result. Tyler knew what he was doing, did the same thing to the 20RT last year. He knew Hudson finally got a better start and he knew he was gonna be there off of 2 and made his car as wide as possible. They can dish it out, but they better start learning how to take it. The interviews said it all to me. One driver just got the top ride our sport and was as humble as can be, and the other was arrogant believing his own hype because this race might put him over the $50,000 mark for season winnings

And then they wonder why he’s never received a quality ride. Hudson handled it well.

How about the winner getting out of his car and not acting a fool. I appreciate the guys who don't turn this into a gimmicky WWE spectacle. Bauer gained a fan.

Gateway is not a place I would race (or watch a race) thinking there was not going to be some $hit moves made. IMO, a 'gimmicky WWE spectacle" is what makes this race so popular. If you want 'quality' racing with a bunch of guys that won't attempt to pull off incredibly bold moves, Lucas and Woo have a schedule full of them . Just remember just how exciting those races have been lately.
    I would never advocate for something that could get a driver hurt, but there is always that risk. Gateway has an even higher risk of you going home with a trailer full of junk than anywhere else and everyone knows it when they choose to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    Gateway is not a place I would race (or watch a race) thinking there was not going to be some $hit moves made. IMO, a 'gimmicky WWE spectacle" is what makes this race so popular. If you want 'quality' racing with a bunch of guys that won't attempt to pull off incredibly bold moves, Lucas and Woo have a schedule full of them . Just remember just how exciting those races have been lately.
    I would never advocate for something that could get a driver hurt, but there is always that risk. Gateway has an even higher risk of you going home with a trailer full of junk than anywhere else and everyone knows it when they choose to go.
    I'm also talking about silly driver intros.
    Alberson got squeezed by Bauer a little bit and didn't act a fool. It can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by jr29 View Post
    How about the winner getting out of his car and not acting a fool. I appreciate the guys who don't turn this into a gimmicky WWE spectacle. Bauer gained a fan.
    Nothing against Bauer, but I would rather watch 100 of the Mefford interviews than one Bauer interview.

Quote Originally Posted by jr29 View Post
    I'm also talking about silly driver intros.
    Alberson got squeezed by Bauer a little bit and didn't act a fool. It can be done.
    Alberson is a class act AND realizes he is living a lifelong dream. The others, not so much. It's going to take alot more than a bad night at Gateway to remove that smile from Garretts face.

Nothing against Bauer, but I would rather watch 100 of the Mefford interviews than one Bauer interview.
    He was fine. I enjoyed it too. If he comes out and does the Dougie I'll change my mind.

Alberson is a class act AND realizes he is living a lifelong dream. The others, not so much. It's going to take alot more than a bad night at Gateway to remove that smile from Garretts face.
    I'm with you 100%.

Well that's what happens when you got a piece of a race track they lost there football team so they had to do something with the place so somebody came up with this hair brain idea most of the quality cars went to Florida

What is it about this Tyler Erb guy ? It seems like every weekend that he races there is some sort of controversy that he seems to be involved in . Does he not have any respect for others or what ? ?

Went the first year they had midgets and the more I see the races there at the Dome, the more I think this race in particular brings out the good and worst in people and their tempers. A lot of good drivers there and the product of racing on such a small track. Is it fun sure, but you're lucky to not get any kind of damage though out the weekend. Most of it looks to be just crinkled sheet metal. Still fun to watch though.

I found it interesting though a few weeks ago when Cody Summer's did a Facebook live video on the event Facebook page to pick which days each modified driver would race on and stated he seriously thought about adding Street Stocks / Stock Cars to the event. <> That right there would be CrAzY.
    Nathan Stephens

Did you see where Carpenter gave Tyler Erbs car a shot in the azz and jacked Erbs car up under the yellow flag ? What did Erb do yet this time to deserve this payback ? ?