Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dome Race

Default Dome Race

Terrible show. How can anybody expect ant type of racing on a surface like that. As tough as it is with a small track these drivers are expected to race when the car is off the ground most of the time. Terrible, just terrible. This should have been billed as a demo derby

The problem with the show is there are 15 good late models there, the other 110 are limited late model drivers.

It’s too small for full size cars. It’s a great idea on paper, and yes you’re racing inside in the “winter” which I suppose is better then nothing …but frankly I wouldn’t pay to see it. Clay takes times to “bond” together and a make shift track , while I’m sure a lot of people worked hard on it…it just won’t hold up. It takes years of nature to make clay molecules bond. It’s just physics. Now midgets?…that would likely be a better class, but still the track could go bad on those as well, but there’s a much better chance it won’t due to size and weight. Hats off to the people who likely worked their butts off to build the little track inside a stadium, but you’ve got the wrong type cars running on it. Like the one guy said…the modifieds…lord the skinny tires and the weight will for sure ass that track up more than anything.

Well what do you expect this is year 6. I mean its inside and all. Come on its been the same for how long. Heck same thing when they ran back in 1982 or so at the Pontiac Silver Dome. You people are really crazy should be glad there is a race in December. Also if you dont like it dont go and dont watch.

Midgets racing on it would be like the chili bowl. The track would not be torn up at all. The thing is the mods and late models are heavy and have more horsepower than the midgets a Midget weighs what with the driver 1,035 pounds and has 400 horsepower. Super lates are 2350 and 900 horse power. Mods are what 2,400 pounds and 700 to 750 horsepower. Also midget tires are way smaller than the lates or mods.

The broadcasting is quite tackey too. Flo really needs to find some people with some class to narrate races.

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    Well what do you expect this is year 6. I mean its inside and all. Come on its been the same for how long. Heck same thing when they ran back in 1982 or so at the Pontiac Silver Dome. You people are really crazy should be glad there is a race in December. Also if you dont like it dont go and dont watch.
    I quit watching. The race sucks and the broadcasting sucks. What a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) show. I also let Flo know what I think.

Thumbs up

Didn’t realize Dustin, Ben, & what ever guest they have was tacky. Personally I think Dustin & Ben are two of the best in the business plus they know what they are talking about. Having guys like Chris Ferguson there as well as a guest for a little bit help commentary of the event is a plus to have a veteran racer talking with them.

P.S. To the guy who made the post. No one forced you to watch the show.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

I'll second on Ben and Dustin. They get a little too goofy sometimes but overall do a great job.
    8/13/16

I love the announcing and all during this event. Got to love Charlie Medfford I think I messed up his name and sorry for that. Also love the fan cam and talking to fans and all. Its awesome. Wish all races on flo were like this. Seems like the Eldora Events and the Dome and the Chili Bowl are on the top shelf for FLO.

The event is not about the racing, it’s about everything else going on in the stands and driver Intros. I for one want to spend my hard earned money going to watch good racing, so I’ll never goto this event. It’s just not for me. It gets cars and fans so it’ll keep going as long as the venue stays available.

I bet the place will be packed again next. The racing on that little track was interesting to watch. Give an inch or 2 and get ready to be used up. As for the surface, it is what it is, I've seen the chilli bowl rut up the same way.

The announcers are terrible. Great knowledge between them, yes, but they sound like a couple of 12-year-olds. No need in complaining though, just watch with it muted. I do appreciate the guest announcers and think that really helped.

I guess the city is going to putt a lot of money into this and this race will be around for a while. I’d like to see it next year.

Fun race for sure

The 4m crybabies are out.

Wow a lot of crying in here. I for one, find this to be a very fun event. I'll take any race over no race at all.

I don’t care for the racing at the dome, so I don’t watch it. It really is that simple.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Gotta laugh at the whiners with no stock in a race team crying about the dome tearing up race cars. They interviewed multiple drivers on this topic and everyone said the same thing. You tear up more equipment on a bigger track with faster speeds than you do at the dome. It's 90% cosmetic damage. But hey, who are these racers to disagree with the 4m experts.
    8/13/16

I tuned in to watch a stock car race and a demolition ensued. lol, This was the 6th year everyone by now knows what this race is. For some this race isn't for them but, for others it's more than just the race it's everything to do with the event itself.

I believe they need to cut the number of cars in each heat races and have more heat races. I believe it could take less time because, you might not have as many cautions to deal with.

As far as tearing up equipment they deal with the same stuff in early spring races when tracks get rutted up because, of all the moisture in the track. At least this is at the end of the year when the cars are usually all used up anyway. I realize that might not be the case for some but, that's the chance they take when they enter the event.

All in all I will tune in again next year for this event and be thankful for those who put this event on.

Thanks everyone and I will see you in 2023