Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dome Race

Condolences go out to Tyler Erb and his mom on the loss of Tyler’s dad- so sad!

Wow, wow, wow........the race is what it is. Don't watch and you won't be so miserable. Mods can put as good if not better races on than supers. Y'all need to go buy your selfs a cheap low budget racecar for your local track and go get ya some. You'll quickly learn what's fun and what's not!

One thing that would help is 2 spins and yer done. One example was the #24 Collins. I think he was involved in 4 or 5 yellows. That would definitely speed things up.
    8/13/16

This type event is built for the era we are in…..the purists obviously hate it and I get that 100%, but it’s certainly entertaining and the backstories surrounding the process,the teams,the uniqueness of the production etc is all great. It’s the best reality television a dirt fan can get.

Hats off to Cody and his team, I love the dirt track version of cage match rassling in December.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Prayers for the Erb family on losing Tyler's dad this week. Very touching winners circle interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Patansplant View Post
    The broadcasting is quite tackey too. Flo really needs to find some people with some class to narrate races.

Did you have Ben and DJ suck on your bingo card? Its almost unbearable then throw Suave in the stands talking to his buddies, yes class goes out the window. Put Chet Christner on the mic alone and let Ben go home and post pics of his hot wife and Audi on social media!

BBQ Boy said it right. I told my buddy last night this is the WWE event of dirt racing. Everyone is drunk and love watching $100k cars bouncing thru the ruts indoors in December. Its a party! Cody is a genius!

Looks pretty racy to me from Erb's view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V8VeYFfr3U
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

Personally I think it races pretty well for what it is. If the drivers race one another with respect it’s actually pretty entertaining. The mods definitely don’t do the track surface any favors.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    Did you have Ben and DJ suck on your bingo card? Its almost unbearable then throw Suave in the stands talking to his buddies, yes class goes out the window. Put Chet Christner on the mic alone and let Ben go home and post pics of his hot wife and Audi on social media!
    Couldn't agree more. They act as if they are there college bro's. If they would ever ask a real question they'd get kicked out of the teams pit. Ask the tuff questions.

BP. do you put xtra bars on the right side of your car ?
    Scott. Dude the Martians are calling, you think it's time to beam up ?
    B Shepp. You left one of the top rides in the country, why ?
    Cody. Why did the partnership with Scott fall apart ?
    WoO, Lucas. Why can't you see the aero problem with today's cars ?
    Ben Shelton, get back in front of the mirror, you need more make-up.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Couldn't agree more. They act as if they are there college bro's. If they would ever ask a real question they'd get kicked out of the teams pit. Ask the tuff questions.

BP. do you put xtra bars on the right side of your car ?
    Scott. Dude the Martians are calling, you think it's time to beam up ?
    B Shepp. You left one of the top rides in the country, why ?
    Cody. Why did the partnership with Scott fall apart ?
    WoO, Lucas. Why can't you see the aero problem with today's cars ?
    Ben Shelton, get back in front of the mirror, you need more make-up.
    No kidding! Nobody wants to hurt feelings these days or sponsors may pull their paychecks. Ben has to comment on EVERYTHING, it can never be about a moment or that person. Its tiring. Chet is 10 times more entertaining and does not use the same worn out lines and if he does at least they are funny! I do admit they try really hard to make 2 cars running in a line 5 cars apart into a "battle on the track"

2 by 2 like Noah led the animals to the ark
    Did you have that on your bingo card?
    he just lost wholesale real estate
    PSG Baby (which is an Essex line)
    Best crowd ever for a Thursday night (or insert the night)

Ben has little man syndrome without a doubt. I use to tolerate him- not do much anymore. Punk hair, he and his wife pierced and inked up. ( that’s okay if that’s your thing). He’s more interested in getting on social media showing pictures of his new house, new fancy cars, vacations in the islands ect. Who really gives a rats hind end. On camera he seems friendly/sociable- try talking to him in person- it’s like I dare you speak to me. I have tried many times (not at the track where he is at work) but in motel lobbies/ breakfast bars ect. I could buy/sell him many times over- but I choose not to boast about personal life. Dustin is good without the little punk Shelton.
    Sure do miss Rigsby’s involvement on the late model scene.

Anyone else surprised that Hocevar got the promoters choice provisional? I guess we know who will get that provisional in the coming years from here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Anyone else surprised that Hocevar got the promoters choice provisional? I guess we know who will get that provisional in the coming years from here on out.
    Nope it's his show he can pick whoever he wants.

That LM feature race had more passing for the lead than some other crown jewel races this year. I'm taking my 9 and 5 year old boys next year. I'm sold on the event.

They clay near the bottom is like being between a rock and a hard place. The hard surface under the clay is actually working to make the track rough as there is not enough give space for the clay to hold up.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

I think as the event evolves, we'll see less and less big name guys driving their own gear there. It would be cheaper to take some weekend teams Kryptonite out than your main Longhorn.

We have the biggest f¥

i go every year, it is a great show. different style of racing than eldora or other big tracks but probably more entertaining. If these cars were not getting so fancy and aero dependent then bringing nice cars would not be a big deal. Yes, it would be nice to fix or remedy the track exit situation. Yes, it would be nice to weed out some of the cars constantly causing yellows. As far as bashing the announcers and talking about them personally, how classy is that? SMH.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    They clay near the bottom is like being between a rock and a hard place. The hard surface under the clay is actually working to make the track rough as there is not enough give space for the clay to hold up.
    It was really smooth night 1, but they "fixed it". It was all but said they wanted it rough. They like a rough track and unpolished individuals they can put a mic in front of. It's a spectacle where they do some racing.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1