Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What is the best regional series?

Behind the 2 national tours what is the best regional series going right now? MLRA, COMP, MARS, SAS, or another? We can split it two ways, series with the best drivers or best tracks.

In my area, definitely NOT SAS. lol Maybe 20 years ago. Ray Cook's group of series here in North GA/East Tenn. probably now. Chris Tilley's Iron Man series has really seemed to come on this year too.

Its not the ALMS for sure!

I would have to say that The Hell tour is the best thing going.

I agree with Ray Cook's series here in the south. So many have popped up which has diluted car counts and everything. SAS was the best at one point but it has really dropped off. So has Carolina Clash.

Hell Tour and Mars. Since i live in the midwest. Interested in what Matt Curl has planned. I am sure he has got something good in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by weatherman85 View Post
    I agree with Ray Cook's series here in the south. So many have popped up which has diluted car counts and everything. SAS was the best at one point but it has really dropped off. So has Carolina Clash.
    SAS needs a shot in the arm of some new people and ideas. It doesn't sound like Barry Braun is going to do anything to it any time soon. That's a shame given it's history.

Itll be interesting to see what MARS does now that Matt Curl owns it. Could be one of the best.

Blue Ridge Outlaws, Steel Block bandits

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    I agree with the steel block bandits. I hear good things all the time about the Blue Ridge Outlaws. I just cannot get past how fugly the bodies on most of their cars are.

Nothing packs the stands like a Hell Tour race around here

Most regional series’ have like one or two drivers that actually show up to every race.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I've always felt like the MLRA has a good thing going. I know they don't have supers, but the Malvern bank series seems to do well also. There are too many series' in the south IMO. Not enough cars to go around.

There's just not enough money being paid out by theses Regional tours for more drivers to follow the whole thing.

Probably MLRA

I would say MLRA.

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    I agree. Blue Ridge Outlaws

Best series I mostly get to see are Blue ridge, bandits and the ultimate…….we are kinda lucky that way
    All of them race like he ll..
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I really like what I see when I watch the MARS series on Flo. They are little out of my area to personally attend but they seem to bring a good show.

Where I live the best value for a regional is the Dirt Kings series. For the money a fan pays to see one of their shows it is a terrific value. They have good car counts and put on very good races at most all the venues they go to.

WISSOTA Challenge Series (or whatever sponsor name they go by) is really a good tour. Solid car counts and very good racing with a real variety of drivers seeing victory lane. People will argue WISSOTA is not a true "super" because of engine rules but, you won't notice.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

i like comp cams, rumor is another one is supposed to be starting up in the southeast next year