Default will the WoO increased points fund & monthly bonuses get them more drivers in 2023?

sounds like WoO stepped up the money quite a bit for 2023... $252,000 more between monthly & year end points funds
    Last edited by ftfiowa; 12-08-2022 at 12:52 AM.
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

Lucas will run three more races than WoO in 2023 but their purse total is set to exceed 5 million compared to WoO’s 3 million.

With the number of big name, former tour drivers that left tours in 2022 to run their own (lucrative) schedules, I don’t know if we’ll see any of them return to either tour in 2023. Granted XR has scaled back their program a bit but there are still plenty of big money events across Lucas, WoO, XR and others that ‘pick and choose’ will probably continue in 2023.
    "Ain't it good to be alive and raisin' hell in Tennessee!" - Dusty Rhodes (1988)

If these promotions could get out of their own way, they'd see value in cooperation and support of the other series out there. I would love to see WoO and LOLMDS take the top 6 or 7 races in each series, and not schedule on top of them, and help to promote them as Co-Sanctioned events. Pay points for both series and pay points for a combined national championship title. I think they had something similar in the Big Johnson deal years ago. You could have bonuses involved if a driver wins either of the 2 individual series titles AND the combined series. And to sweeten the pot for committed drivers, you could offer a purse bonus if a driver wins who has perfect attendance in one of the series, and is not running independent. I feel like something of this sort, not necessarily just this format, will be the only thing that makes series racing attractive enough for the biggest names to commit.

Probably not. There are only so many teams that can afford and want to tour, and picking and choosing is more attractive to some teams with as many high paying races as there are.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerHarvickFan View Post
    If these promotions could get out of their own way, they'd see value in cooperation and support of the other series out there. I would love to see WoO and LOLMDS take the top 6 or 7 races in each series, and not schedule on top of them, and help to promote them as Co-Sanctioned events. Pay points for both series and pay points for a combined national championship title. I think they had something similar in the Big Johnson deal years ago. You could have bonuses involved if a driver wins either of the 2 individual series titles AND the combined series. And to sweeten the pot for committed drivers, you could offer a purse bonus if a driver wins who has perfect attendance in one of the series, and is not running independent. I feel like something of this sort, not necessarily just this format, will be the only thing that makes series racing attractive enough for the biggest names to commit.
    Co-sanctioning was being discussed a few years ago. The races in question were the Firecracker and Show Me. They could never really agree on the revenue split, format and how provisionals would work, and it never happened. Then Lernerville was sold and the circumstances that would have allowed it to happen were no more.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

peyton freeman and todd cooney are racing with the WoO in 2023
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

The WoO point champion didnt even get into the top 5 of the Drivers of the Year poll, just an honorable mention. Less money, less clout, less competition. 3 out of the top 5 don't even follow a series, the other two were Lucas Oil. Might as well pick and choose.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    The WoO point champion didnt even get into the top 5 of the Drivers of the Year poll, just an honorable mention. Less money, less clout, less competition. 3 out of the top 5 don't even follow a series, the other two were Lucas Oil. Might as well pick and choose.
    Dennis erb doesn't care about any of that he's too busy counting 150k. Just spreading the cash out to some of the smaller teams. Hope it brings more cars out to the races.

I am happy for ERB but the WOO series has lost its star luster IMO. They just travel to far and don't pay enough. Just wonder how two major series are going to survive for much longer.

Chris madden is going back to woo

Madden should win WOO then…I think his established program will be too much for the B5 team first year out (if Shepp decides to return to WOO)…of course as I’m typing this I’m reminding myself that we don’t yet know what tour Rocket1 and Huddy will run.

Mark Richards has already posted that Rocket1 and Huddy will chase the Lucas Oul Tour for 2023z.

Thumbs up

squaredup12

Madden should win WOO then…I think his established program will be too much for the B5 team first year out (if Shepp decides to return to WOO)…of course as I’m typing this I’m reminding myself that we don’t yet know what tour Rocket1 and Huddy will run.

From what I have seen online both Hudson & Sheppard will be on the Lucas Oil Tour. That could always change though.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

foxfire…thanks for the info. I don’t have Facebook or Twitter, so I miss a lot of info that comes through those outlets. Interesting that both the Shepp B5 and the Rocket1 both plan to follow Lucas (side note: wonder if they’ll put together??)…I guess we’ll have to see where the points sit coming out of Speedweeks. Shepp seems to want another run at that Lucas title.

I'm going to be surprised if B Shepp stays on tour throughout the year. Just a feeling, but I think you may see him do something along the lines of JD and Overton.

I think another thing that might help WoO and LOLMDS is to have more than one season. Instead of silly things like the Chase, just break up the season. Have a Winternationals with 10-15 races, then a Spring Series with another 10 or so, Do a Summer and Fall series, paying championships for each, with maybe a points payout at the end for the top 5, across all 4 mini-series championships. Then you might get a guy who doesn't want to commit to a full season to hit one of those smaller bundles of races.