Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I care for historical reasons, just as I did with Cup racing. Winning the championship in today's NASCAR is not at all comparable to a championship won by Petty or Earnhardt. Yet, the media and the series equates them.

Obviously, BRS and Lucas thinks the fan cares, but is betting on the luck and uncertainty adding interest instead of disgust.
    History will show that 4 guys won $100k - $200k in point money on that day based on their finish. One guy was the champion. I still don't see the issue. It wasn't all that long ago that even the champion didn't get $100k, now that's what 4th place pays.

To me it has nothing to do with the amount of money involved. Racers will race for basically nothing to win, it's just how we are wired. Just how many of you would or have picked up the pace with a buggy at the store cause the guy across the aisle was walking a little faster. Hell my kid counts how many cars we pass on the way to school in the morning just to see how many spots we gained because we left late. The point is I feel like the guy leading the points gets cheated by losing on a one race deal unless it was an actual close battle that came down to one race then it is all fair and probably a good battle.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    History will show that 4 guys won $100k - $200k in point money on that day based on their finish. One guy was the champion. I still don't see the issue. It wasn't all that long ago that even the champion didn't get $100k, now that's what 4th place pays.
    History will not remember who got 4th. They won't remember him if he dominated the year. The payout is not a part of the argument. They can pay the extra money with or without a gimmick. I couldn't tell you how much money either champion got THIS year.

Not long ago, I could point to dirt racing as the last sanctuary of sanity where the rules were simple and the way to win a championship was simple. It hadn't gone crazy with a gimmick championship format and didn't have a rule book that required a pallet jack to move. That was 2014. Now we've jumped the shark over Rumley and accelerated down the full idiocy path.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 12-12-2022 at 11:19 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

History will not remember who got 4th. They won't remember him if he dominated the year. The payout is not a part of the argument. They can pay the extra money with or without a gimmick. I couldn't tell you how much money either champion got THIS year.

Not long ago, I could point to dirt racing as the last sanctuary of sanity where the rules were simple and the way to win a championship was simple. It hadn't gone crazy with a gimmick championship format and didn't have a rule book that required a pallet jack to move. That was 2014. Now we've jumped the shark over Rumley and accelerated down the full idiocy path.

History will absolutely remember who finished 4th if the guy in question dominates all year and has a terrible weekend at Eldora.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    History will absolutely remember who finished 4th if the guy in question dominates all year and has a terrible weekend at Eldora.
    Possibly, if they dominate the historical big money races. If they simply dominate the Lucas schedule, from a points accumulation standpoint, no way.

Had the scheme been in place this year and O'Neal won, McCreadie's very good season would soon be forgotten.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 12-12-2022 at 11:41 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

What’s the chances the DTWC beats weather in Northwest Ohio at that time of year anyway? The fall nationals always seemed to battle weather if I remember correctly, and the rescheduled world 100 a few years back was as cold as I can remember at a race.

Possibly, if they dominate the historical big money races. If they simply dominate the Lucas schedule, from a points accumulation standpoint, no way.

Had the scheme been in place this year and O'Neal won, McCreadie's very good season would soon be forgotten.
    That’s basically what I’m saying. The reactions will be hilarious.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

History will not remember who got 4th. They won't remember him if he dominated the year. The payout is not a part of the argument. They can pay the extra money with or without a gimmick. I couldn't tell you how much money either champion got THIS year.Not long ago, I could point to dirt racing as the last sanctuary of sanity where the rules were simple and the way to win a championship was simple. It hadn't gone crazy with a gimmick championship format and didn't have a rule book that required a pallet jack to move. That was 2014. Now we've jumped the shark over Rumley and accelerated down the full idiocy path.
    Next thing you Know they will have to weave the WOKE movement into it as well ? GIMMICK racing at is best. Hope DLM fans don't fall for it like the modern gullible fans thats left in NASKY has ! !

The original million was scheduled for early October too. We all remember how that turned out. That was my first thought when they announced they were moving it to eldora, before all of the chase stuff was released.

Oh brother what are they thinking? Whats next? Franchises?

The weather in the mountains of WV or the foothills of OH in October is the same as it is at Eldora. How many times has the DTWC been cancelled in the past? That'll be the same for moving it to Eldora

Quote Originally Posted by raburke23 View Post
    The weather in the mountains of WV or the foothills of OH in October is the same as it is at Eldora. How many times has the DTWC been cancelled in the past? That'll be the same for moving it to Eldora
    No it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by raburke23 View Post
    I mean, they did cancel the original million. So let's not act like they won't cancel a race. History proves that eldora and October do not mix well together. That's the sole reason they moved the fall nationals is because they had to fight rain and cold every single year and drivers was not supporting the event. The Eldora campgrounds, track, and pit area will not soak up water like PRP does.

All you guys talk about is the nascrap gimmicks and how none of this will work. Well the guy, Big River Steel, must believe in the way this deal is playing out or he would not have stepped up and reached in his pocket. I said previously I'm not a big fan but I think we all need to step back and see how this all works out.

Will this race be only for the points chasers .? Are the top 4 in points guaranteed a starting spot ? Will they be allowed to use a previsonal ? As for the weather, it's eldora, they adjust to weather conditions, it would not surprise me to see them move the start time to whatever it takes to get the race in.

The racing: oooh… can’t race that guy. He’s in the chase! McDowell/eckert at cedar lake for the bonus. Script this.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Just run were the money is and. Don't worry about it .

I wouldn’t have a problem with the chase if it was just a bonus and they still crowned the overall points winner. Not sure why they can’t just do that. At least they aren’t doing road courses or figure 8s… yet

I'm kind of thinking that there will be some of the older more traditional drivers that are going to think [ Screw this GIMMICKY crap ] and will run The WoO series rather than fret about gambling about how to overcome the chase format ? It may give WoO the boost in the arm that it needs to start putting on better shows with more of the talented drivers entering the fold . . .

Default No more calls

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    So basically a driver could win every race on the tour until the last race... he could run 3rd in the last race, guy that runs second would have ZERO wins on the tour but be declared the Champion.
    Ding Ding Ding no more calls we have a winner

I guess what makes a close title chase special is that it doesn’t happen very often. F1’s 2021 title fight was arguably the best I’ve ever seen.

I’ve personally never cared much for dirt late model championships and never judged anyone’s speed off of it, simply because all the big guys have never ran it at the same time and you had 2 national touring series.

But for those that do care, they’ll begin to not care as well. Game 7 moments are awesome, but a fabricated game 7 like nascar has done is gimmicky.

Anyone remember 2011 when Josh richards had a flat on the last lap at Charlotte and eckert won the title? That was a game 7 moment for sure.