Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lucas

I didn’t say you specifically MB- the majority of these posters were the same that did. I just don’t think anyone other than teams/drivers/sponsors really have a legitimate complaint about the new format. Ticket purchasers are there for entertainment value not as a stakeholder. I think everyone should let it play out and if it’s a failure: teams/drivers and fans will not support it. No one is being forced to participate- there is many other options than Lucas. If it’s a failure Lucas Oul will know it soon enough. People are calling it a gimmick. A gimmick is a form of trickery or misleading. Any team that follows the tour all year knows the format from the beginning. They can’t come up after Wheatland, Pirt Royal or Pittsburgh and say “oh wow- this was a gimmick.”
    FWIW: I don’t follow NASCAR.
    The great thing about being an American: we have the right to disagree and hopefully in a decent/respectful way.

I also think it’s strange to start cuts in May. How many races will they actually run before the first cut? I know what the schedule shows but there are always rain outs that early in the year.
    Scott Kleindorfer

I agree Fox. With NASCAR I have changed how I view races and the series. I watch individual races that I know I like. Bristol and a few other tracks. I typically only watch the last 30 or so laps. I could care less about the championship now. I pay no attention to it. I like Kyle Busch and Joey Logano. I don’t view their titles the same as say Richard Petty or Dale Earnhardt’s titles. Unfortunately. I could see myself doing the same in dirt racing.

Everyone is overlooking the obivious. The money. Nobody is going to drop off tour and give up there position in points. The guy running top 5 isn't going anywhere, then to have a reset and have a chance to win it. You guys are looking at the nascrap mess. I will admit to this, if a guy has a strong season then has something unpredictable happen, he looses. I don't care how you see that one but in my eyes he gets screwed. Be dominate all year, but make it harder for the people chasing him. It's a 100 lap race you give 1 pt to the driver leading each lap. It's fair across the board this way.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Tireguy17,

Rewarding someone for a few good weeks, is the exact problem with it. That's why it's a gimmick. Giving a guy who was average for most of the year, a title, is wrong.

It ruins the whole historical perspective of accomplishments as well.
    I understand your position and respect that aspect to the format, but no series wants a 1-2 horse race for the series title either. While I would say for most of us the point battle does not factor into whether or not we goto a race(s), a points battle gives the series something extra to use to gain attention both at the track and streamers. I see both sides of it, I mean 5th place gets $75 freaking grand!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Everyone is overlooking the obivious. The money. Nobody is going to drop off tour and give up there position in points. The guy running top 5 isn't going anywhere, then to have a reset and have a chance to win it. You guys are looking at the nascrap mess. I will admit to this, if a guy has a strong season then has something unpredictable happen, he looses. I don't care how you see that one but in my eyes he gets screwed. Be dominate all year, but make it harder for the people chasing him. It's a 100 lap race you give 1 pt to the driver leading each lap. It's fair across the board this way.
    A lot of 50g or more to win races. I guess we will see next year.

No one is getting cut. There is no eliminations until the last race when everyone outside the top 4 can’t run for the championship. They are just using the terms for bonus points payouts only. So at each of the 4 race rounds the only thing they are doing is paying the top 15 then 12 then 8 and so on. The guy in 15th the first round can still advance to 12, 10th or wherever. You just only get the points bonus money if your within the cutoff positions.

Participation ribbon. Not a champion.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Personally not a fan of this. Playoffs are good in sports, but not in racing.

They are not resetting the points after each round either, it just resets for the top 4 at Eldora. You can build a big points lead still and it helps. I like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    I agree ; Look how the popularity in NASKY has gone in a downhill spiral since they started the playoff format ? ?

Let me guess, next they will be looking for a dirt road course to put on the schedule. Leave it alone. If I was better over the course of a whole season then I should win the championship. No reason I should end up fourth because a lap car turn down in front of me on the 98th lap of the last race. If my team worked harder and smarter for 9 months to build a cushion of points they shouldn't be taken away with a chance of 1 race knocking me to 4th unless the points were that close from an entire season.

If it adds fan interest, then its a good thing. I think the run for the Lucas title is a bit meh. Might add some fun to the sport. yes it is a gimmick, but I have no problem with giving it a whirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Mopar DLM View Post
    Let me guess, next they will be looking for a dirt road course to put on the schedule. Leave it alone. If I was better over the course of a whole season then I should win the championship. No reason I should end up fourth because a lap car turn down in front of me on the 98th lap of the last race. If my team worked harder and smarter for 9 months to build a cushion of points they shouldn't be taken away with a chance of 1 race knocking me to 4th unless the points were that close from an entire season.
    In total agreement ! ! Why do they think they have to re-invent the wheel on something that has worked for decades ?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    So basically a driver could win every race on the tour until the last race... he could run 3rd in the last race, guy that runs second would have ZERO wins on the tour but be declared the Champion.
    Welcome to the new nascar on dirt. That's BS

More GIMMICK racing. Nothing more, nothing less ! !

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    NASCAR 2.0 trash! As mentioned before, I just can’t wait for the road courses to be infused into the schedule(heavy sarcasm here). It’s slowly pushing me away from the sport and it’s happening now at an even faster rate.

^ ^ And maybe introduce a corny ROVAL into the mix ! ! ^^

It really doesn't change anything except the DTWC. The top 4 will be guaranteed $100k points fund money going into the DTWC with the highest finisher winning the title. $100k is a nice payout for 4th so none of them will be disappointed. Too many drama queens on here. Besides, no fans get a cut of the points fund payout anyhow so why does anybody even care?

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    It really doesn't change anything except the DTWC. The top 4 will be guaranteed $100k points fund money going into the DTWC with the highest finisher winning the title. $100k is a nice payout for 4th so none of them will be disappointed. Too many drama queens on here. Besides, no fans get a cut of the points fund payout anyhow so why does anybody even care?
    I care for historical reasons, just as I did with Cup racing. Winning the championship in today's NASCAR is not at all comparable to a championship won by Petty or Earnhardt. Yet, the media and the series equates them.

Obviously, BRS and Lucas thinks the fan cares, but is betting on the luck and uncertainty adding interest instead of disgust.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1