Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucas

Lightbulb Lucas

Let's hear it know it alls. what's the opinions on the news that just came out???

Going to a chase style format

https://www.lucasdirt.com/press/article/122333

Default LOLMDS goes to nascar style format with a chase, but doubles point fund for 2023

what does everyone think? 4th place in points gets $100k!
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

dont like the finale at eldora deciding it, but the $$$$ is good either way
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

Chase formats are gimmicky trash
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Agree Josh....just another gimmick. It is one of the things that has driven a lot of dirt track fans away from NASCAR. It would be interesting to see what the drivers think about this?????

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Not a fan

Look at it this way for teams:

You decide you are at a decent place in points so are going to run the rest of the season, spending a lot of money to drive all over the place and in years past that was offset by point fund money. Say your in 3rd in points half way thru, you have a decent idea of about where you might end up in points and the payout for that area.

Well now you could be leading with a huge lead and pretty much know your likely to finish top 2 unless you have major problems. With the new format, if you have a couple of bad races at a certain time you could fall out of the chase and end up 10th or worse and receive very little point fund money. I guess some of that depends on whether they reset points. That could be a difference of 200K vs 40K

Everyone will love it except the guy with the giant points lead. Kind of gimmicky but DTWC should be quite exciting.

I can see guys dropping off later in the year after they don't make the cuts. I'm not a fan of it being at eldora, or the point format either one. It'll add excitement for sure regardless of what anyone thinks.

Kinda seen this coming after listening to the JR Download with Brian France talking about why they did the chase in Nascar. Now you have a guy involved on the TV side of Lucas that has a background in stick n ball sports to the point where when you see him talk in his basement its all Duke Basketball stuff on the wall (as he talks about dirt late models)

Its sad that the product on the track is not exciting enough, now you have to manipulate the races by manufacturing the "moments" or excitement by creating this "playoff type format".

I mean I get that its not all that exciting at the last race of the year where the points leader just needs to enter to be the winner but isnt that the point of racing 50 races, may the best driver win!!

Gone are the 50 race seasons that determine a points winner based on the consistency over 40 plus tracks. What these "Sports" minded people forget is that our sport is not played on the same stage week in and week out. The stages are different each night. Lets face it, not everyone is good at Eldora just like not everyone is good at Port Royal.

All the elimination races are at big aero dependent tracks that do not product much racing at all. Great call Lucas!

Why the big drop in payout with the elimination round payouts...spread the cash out.

What is next? Dirt track stage racing?

So the guy in fourth can now win the championship?

The money is good. Gimmick is a gimmick.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

If you’re cut at Port Royal in August, why even bother going to the remaining races? Or if you’re cut at PPMS, is ot really that necessary to go to Eldora for a third time on the season?
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Only 2 seasons has the Lucas Championship “NOT” been decided before the last race.
    This should be much better for the fans: “ A Race Within A Race.”
    Everyone was barking about Portsmouth- now they are barking about the excitement of the new format and it being at Eldora- I just don’t get it- but I’m old!

Overall financial strength of the series teams is just as important, and this structure gives the teams more money.
    Yes a driver can have a great year and lose the championship at Eldora, that is the downfall. But if a team doesn’t agree with this, they can go run WoO.

2022 Points Fund vs 2023
    1. $150,000 $200,000
    2. $75,000 $150,000
    3. $50,000 $125,000
    4. $40,000 $100,000
    5. $35,000 $75,000
    6. $32,000 $60,000
    7. $30,000 $50,000
    8. $26,000 $45,000
    9. $25,000 $40,000
    10. $24,000 $35,000
    11. $23,000 $30,000
    12. $20,000 $25,000

Chase is dumb. So if you're no good at Eldora you're hosed. Lucas regulars are lucky Davenport isn't running Lucas.

I had heard about this a while back. I've been waiting for this to drop to see the reaction.

Awful and I really like this series but darn

Thank you Tireguy17-it’s just that simple!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    I agree and SLM dirt racing is already very very popular. No need for the gimmicks. I like this series a bunch. Me no likey the NASCAR playoff stuff