Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why so much beef between XR and Flo???

Anyone see DJ tweet about promoters and being too good to be true right after Barry Braun of XR tweeted about Lucas’ new chase format? Seems like Flo has never liked XR since XR wouldn’t let them show highlights and such. Anyone know why they cannot continue to get along and seems like DoD is always bashing on XR???

You are in the club, or you aren't. XR has their own production and own series and own way of doing things.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I think XR is doing a pretty good job for only being a series for a couple of years.

Sounds like DJ’s beef with them was about people not getting paid.

I'm going off topic a bit but I just hate that if you aren't an XR subscriber and don't watch the shows live, you really have no idea what went down in the races. They don't seem to provide any free highlights the following day/week. The website is nothing but results. Not an actual word one to describe the action. We're talking major 20k & 40k races last weekend that sadly flew under the radar for the majority of people. You really have no feel for the high level events that the series, tracks, and drivers are putting on.

Edit: I will brag on their Twitter account. Pretty informative with photos, video clips, and lineups on race nights.

The XRSS is quickly turning into the XRDL…
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I've always felt like Flo has an elitest or entitled attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by JCSullivan00 View Post
    WellThey are the best

Quote Originally Posted by JCSullivan00 View Post
    They do, however they were the first ones to start doing some of the new things we see now in racing so I get the “frustration” with someone else trying to copy their gig.

I think there’s a lot of behind the scenes stuff a lot of people including myself don’t know. It seems they both throw jabs at one another, especially in the fast talk article that DirtonDirt puts out every week. It would be nice if they’d just fight and get it over with.

"I'm going off topic a bit but I just hate that if you aren't an XR subscriber and don't watch the shows live, you really have no idea what went down in the races. They don't seem to provide any free highlights the following day/week. The website is nothing but results. Not an actual word one to describe the action. We're talking major 20k & 40k races last weekend that sadly flew under the radar for the majority of people. You really have no feel for the high level events that the series, tracks, and drivers are putting on"

I agree 100%....My same sentiments.

what did Barry say about LOLMDS chase format? i missed it i guess
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

crazy day when a guy gets called out for wanting to pay MORE people money instead of top heavy stuff like the usual.

I love both series. XR always post highlights on their social media pages the day after. I do get the feeling too that Flo has an elitist attitude now as well. I don’t want to see a monopoly on the sport and competition is always good. DIRTVision was around before Flo and they don’t beef with them? Or many of the others. Drivers absolutely love the XR series and the payouts so not sure where guys not getting paid came from. I love DJ but don’t make that post with no details dude. Not cool.

Time will tell what that post DJ made was about .

DoD/FLO has an effective monopoly on coverage of the sport. Yes. Other companies/media outlets can attempt to compete and don't, but it is an effective monopoly when announcers for major events site their shabby poll of 10 "experts" at the tracks to define which driver is number 1 in the country. Which would be fine if they were objective on any subject. They are not. They try to be, but their biases are very thinly veiled at best and transparent at worst. You can't go slapping stickers on cars and claim to be objective. You can't have active drivers part of your content crew and be objective. And I believe their sponsors get more coverage and more favorable coverage. I would not be the least bit surprised if they accept payment for some of the coverage they give, but they certainly give excessive coverage to certain drivers for a length of time and then seemingly stop.

Rigsby has earned everything he has got. DoD was a boon to the sport. Every fan owes them a debt. They were an innovator. But I'm sorry, Suave didn't get his job doing interviews because he is the best in the business. The same can be said of Rigsby in some regards. And yeah, it's easy to take potshots at them because there is nobody else doing what they do on the scale that they do. Even if they don't have highlights of almost every race anymore including XR, they are still number 1 and that is where their elitist attitude comes from. So when XR comes along and they don't have 100% of the sport on their knees before them, it's gonna make them a bit salty.

I think DJ is a decent dude, but he's human. But he's the media. *IF* he was throwing shade at XR, then it makes him look bad...not XR. But it is probably more a cultural thing within FLO/DoD than anything else. You don't have to be objective when you're the only game in town. There's only one side to the story in the sport's national coverage.
    Last edited by Snake X3; 12-09-2022 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ftfiowa View Post
    what did Barry say about LOLMDS chase format? i missed it i guess
    Barry Braun's Facebook post.

I keep getting asked my honest thoughts on the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Points Fund / Chase. Our series serves as a compliment to both national tours. I hope the best for both and want them to do well.

A "chase" or reset points format over complicates the obvious. If we do not want the points to "get away" then create a new points format that keeps the points tighter.

My concern is "adding" $500,000 to the points fund. While that is fantastic who gets rewarded? Usually the same 3-4 racers that would have finished in the exact same spots.

Better uses for that $500,000?

- Pay down 25-30 spots in the Points.
    - Bump up/subsidize START PAY at events.
    - Non-Qualifier events.
    - Invest in Regional Events.

We need to incentivize the local/regional guys to compete on a national level. We need new blood. These guys need a crack at making some money. The sport is in fine shape but this needs to be the focus for that "long term 5-10 year plan."

Make no mistake. The XR Super Series is not perfect. I/we continue to learn and adjust. I do my best to listen to racers and teams. The most important lesson of 2022? Start money and pay through the field. Gimmicks and headlines might be sexy and get a response but it won't build depth and sustainbility.

#GF

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Barry Braun's Facebook post.

I keep getting asked my honest thoughts on the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Points Fund / Chase. Our series serves as a compliment to both national tours. I hope the best for both and want them to do well.

A "chase" or reset points format over complicates the obvious. If we do not want the points to "get away" then create a new points format that keeps the points tighter.

My concern is "adding" $500,000 to the points fund. While that is fantastic who gets rewarded? Usually the same 3-4 racers that would have finished in the exact same spots.

Better uses for that $500,000?

- Pay down 25-30 spots in the Points.
    - Bump up/subsidize START PAY at events.
    - Non-Qualifier events.
    - Invest in Regional Events.

We need to incentivize the local/regional guys to compete on a national level. We need new blood. These guys need a crack at making some money. The sport is in fine shape but this needs to be the focus for that "long term 5-10 year plan."

Make no mistake. The XR Super Series is not perfect. I/we continue to learn and adjust. I do my best to listen to racers and teams. The most important lesson of 2022? Start money and pay through the field. Gimmicks and headlines might be sexy and get a response but it won't build depth and sustainbility.

#GF
    I have to agree with Barry on this one since it was my second set of thoughts after I got the whole "Chase format on dirt" out of my brain.

That half million would be better paid at the actual races instead of part of some gimmicky points chase! Dirt Late Model championships dont matter! End of story, prove me wrong!!! Please

I think Lucas was trying to make it to where they could guys like Davenport and Overton to chase their points by paying out the extra money for the point fund. Let's face it, the top 4 best cars in the nation the last 2 years have been the 49, 76, 39, and 1 that consistly run Lucas races. I would have much rather seen them pay the racers at the races too. I can handle the chase thing, even though I'm not a fan of it.

That's just my opinion.

Each series/track just needs to do what they think is best for them and their drivers. The outside noise doesn’t matter.

My question is......where is all this "new" money coming from?

Did XR spill the beans on the greed of the other series and streamers?