Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I guess paying through the field is a good idea from the looks of it. No way all 21 guys last through the entire season, I look for under half of that to finish the year on tour. It looks good for now though.

If you go to woo website. They gave everybody who signed on 300 bonus points to put them in front of everybody. What a sh!tshow

My question is why ? It has been rumored a lot of this is due to steve francis coming over from lucas. If they get that many cars to follow the season it may put the hurt on lucas oil series. I saw this question brought up on another forum,
    Why do the sprint car guys get a platinum membership which benefits them greatly and the slm teams do not ?

"My question is why ? It has been rumored a lot of this is due to steve francis coming over from lucas. If they get that many cars to follow the season it may put the hurt on lucas oil series. I saw this question brought up on another forum,
    Why do the sprint car guys get a platinum membership which benefits them greatly and the slm teams do not ?"

Because the DLM drivers are not restricted on where they can race when not running the WOOLMS, and the Platinum sprint car drivers are allowed four non-WoO races without losing their benefits and tow money, It is an Apples to Oranges comparision between sprint cars and DLM's.

These guys are in many instances just signing up for the considerations and benefits. There won't be 12 guys run all the shows.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

300 Bonus points to start the season before the first race:
    Devin wins the first race but isn’t in the top 12 in points? And people are talking about the new Lucas Oil championship format being a “gimmick”? It’s no wonder why WOO has 20+ early driver commitments.

Add Brian Shirley and Kyle Bronson to the WOO title chase.

Thought Bronson had stated he was going the Lucas route?

Guess he hasn’t updated his website to show the schedule change/ it’s still listing all the Lucas races. But at this point after 1 race-all teams are playing chess!

How much $$ is a "loyalty deposit"??

I guess it's $$ = 300 points......could one pay more for more points?

What a effin joke.......

My question is: when they drop off do those 300 bonus points get taken away?
    If not- how can anyone complain about the new Lucas Format?
    Things will shake out after Ga/Florida and into March as to what is actually going to happen for the year.
    Some will be strong- some will go home liked whipped pups.

"Some will be strong- some will go home liked whipped pups."

Happens every year, why should 2023 be any differen?. I think when the dust settles come April, you will see 14 or 15 teams with the WOOLMS and a sold 12 with the LOLMS. The rest will be back home as Regional racers and there is nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

They be down to 12 before we know it but those 12 could be a very strong looking group.

I don't understand the point of this Loyalty Agreement. Is it just to keep the Lucas guys from leading the points at the end of Volusia or is it a way for the series to make extra money or is it just for the publicity of claiming 23 drivers? It makes no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    How much $$ is a "loyalty deposit"??

I guess it's $$ = 300 points......could one pay more for more points?

What a effin joke.......
    Maybe next they'll institute the Mark Richards Rocket Provisional as was done at that one race a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    Maybe next they'll institute the Mark Richards Rocket Provisional as was done at that one race a few years ago.
    They may have dropped that particular rule last year when Richards took his team and went to the LUCAS Series after he was finally disqualified for cheating on the droop rule ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    That happened at the Pittsburgher a few years ago. It was a Lucas show. The intention behind the provisional was to give a provisional to a local racer, almost all of whom run Rockets. There is no PPMS provisional anymore, because they only run supers once a year.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    That happened at the Pittsburgher a few years ago. It was a Lucas show. The intention behind the provisional was to give a provisional to a local racer, almost all of whom run Rockets. There is no PPMS provisional anymore, because they only run supers once a year.
    Yeah. I know. I was just kidding around.

23 teams put deposits down and even little booby borrowed the 58 car for the A main friday to get more points so maybe he is serious about a points run?
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

BP out of motors ? More than 1 team were on the 2nd bullitt but pierce dropped 2 ? I must admit 1 thing here, Reuben did a great job on the broadcast. Hats off, you have an career in front of you.