Default Hunt the Front Success

I have to give big credit to these guys. The money they must be generating from their Patreon, Merch, and YouTube videos is incredible. A brand new shop, 4 cars (last I checked), new double stacker and now a 15 race series. All this in the basically the last year. Kudo boys!

What makes me wonder is why hasn't nobody else followed suit? These guys have given the world a backstage pass to dirt late model racing from washing the cars to changing engines in the shop and everything in between. I also follow Tmez and David Gravel youtube channels. These guys are FUN! I am not saying HTF guys are not fun but its a different kind of fun. Tmez likes to play with RC cars and he has a real drift car. You get to see a different side of him besides the racing guy.

I would love to see a Tmac type of fun guy, old school yet serious too. Or a Devin or Huddy?

Just thinking out loud....

I've often wondered that myself. I don't think most realize how much money there is from youtube views. If national teams would just hire some kid to follow them around on tour and get good video footage, they could make a killing.

Fergy has a channel with some good content. Not a lot yet as it looks like he just started it a couple of months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/@ChrisFerguson22

There are tons of startup channels out there trying. While not dirt, one of my favs is Kick'N Asphalt because I know the guy and he lives just a bit up the road from me in GA. Small time racer with an open trailer racing Super Street on asphalt.

https://www.youtube.com/@kicknasphalt_vlog

many don't do it because its a lot harder than it looks. Its a full-time job and requires a lot of behind the scenes effort to make something people want to watch and enjoy.

IMO, one big reason they have been as successful as they have been is because they/Jonathan are good at making Youtube videos. The very first thing he does in videos is introduce himself and everyone else around him. HTF does little things like that very well. I won't name the channels, but there are racer's channels that I watch and I have no idea who half the characters are, how they know each other, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox28 View Post
    many don't do it because its a lot harder than it looks. Its a full-time job and requires a lot of behind the scenes effort to make something people want to watch and enjoy.
    That's why you hire someone to do it full time, it's obvious how much $$ it's making HTF. It would be worth it IMO. I know several youtube accounts that fund their whole deal by views, particularly in the hunting industry.

Too many of these people trying to create YouTube channels just don't have what it takes on their own to manage it and create quality content. The majority of your quality YouTube channels have someone dedicated to creating all of their content to ensure it is something viewers will enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by 0cents View Post
    Too many of these people trying to create YouTube channels just don't have what it takes on their own to manage it and create quality content. The majority of your quality YouTube channels have someone dedicated to creating all of their content to ensure it is something viewers will enjoy.
    I'm a YT addict and constantly surprised at how bad some fairly successful channels are. Thing that kills a channel for me is when they start randomly swinging the camera around. I suffer from vertigo while doing the simplest of things. So when a YT channel makes me backflip out of my recliner, I'm out!

One big thing HTF does is keep the dialogue very clean. I'm not easily offended but some are. Do watch some automotive repair stuff that's excellently done. The one thing I have issues with from HTF is Jonathan comes across as a bit of a douche/control freak. Just my opinion. Constantly talks over the other guys and puts too much pressure on the drivers. Again, JMHO. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    I'm a YT addict and constantly surprised at how bad some fairly successful channels are. Thing that kills a channel for me is when they start randomly swinging the camera around. I suffer from vertigo while doing the simplest of things. So when a YT channel makes me backflip out of my recliner, I'm out!

One big thing HTF does is keep the dialogue very clean. I'm not easily offended but some are. Do watch some automotive repair stuff that's excellently done. The one thing I have issues with from HTF is Jonathan comes across as a bit of a douche/control freak. Just my opinion. Constantly talks over the other guys and puts too much pressure on the drivers. Again, JMHO. YMMV.
    There have been times when I've expected someone to tell Jonathan "you're not a teacher anymore and I'm dern sure not one of your students."

Bshepp has a channel. Feger has a Feger Racing channel. I'm sure a few others will be following soon.