Default 2023 Eldora Million

Looks like Sprint Cars get their turn/chance in 2023.

https://www.eldoraspeedway.com/2022/...d-sprint-cars/

Good for them. Why not? Those rigs are something to watch on that big track. Should be a barn burner. I’m sure the place will be sold out.

Couldn’t agree more the late model racing is much better But I have told many a people that like dirt racing just once you need to see a sprinter go around the Big E it’s a head shaker lol

Long overdue.

The teams that have a chance to win are a much smaller percentage in sprint car racing compared to a SLM. You can have 75 sprint car teams show up and realistically there is maybe 15 that can win it, and I think that number is being generous.

The number of laps they run in their features is my only turn off with sprint cars and their big races, I just like the finesse of a 100 lap race for big money.
    Last edited by Tireguy17; 12-15-2022 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    The teams that have a chance to win are a much smaller percentage in sprint car racing compared to a SLM. You can have 75 sprint car teams show up and realistically there is maybe 15 that can win it, and I think that number is being generous.
    That’s the trouble with most racing. I’ve been to the World 100 several times. Sometimes it was 200 cars…lately..maybe 100 cars or so….I’d look out there at the sea of haulers knowing only about 5 people have a chance to win this race. On our local track…you know when you pull in the parking lot there are 3 or 4 people with a prayer to win the feature. It’s all lopsided and has been since the invention of money. But….I still go..I like the atmosphere and the smell of the fuel going thru the air.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    That's more then the number of SLM teams I thought had a real shot at the dirt million last year. I said maybe 5 - 6 with the 3 most likely to win finishing 1-2-3.

Quote Originally Posted by weatherman85 View Post
    That's more then the number of SLM teams I thought had a real shot at the dirt million last year. I said maybe 5 - 6 with the 3 most likely to win finishing 1-2-3.
    I agree with this assessment.

I think some have said that there will only be around 70 teams for the sprint car million. I wish they could get around 100 would be cool. But really on Sweet, Gravel, and Schatz as well as Schuart have a shot at it.

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    I think some have said that there will only be around 70 teams for the sprint car million. I wish they could get around 100 would be cool. But really on Sweet, Gravel, and Schatz as well as Schuart have a shot at it.
    Brent Marks just won the Kings Royal and HBO last year. Kyle Larson will be a threat. Haudenschild, Macedo, Courtney, Abreu all have a shot in my opinion.

I assume the million will be 50 laps. Maybe the LM's should get 2 million for 100 laps. lol
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

I give Tony kudos for his never a dull moment Eldora Speedway scheduling and payouts. Sprints would be great to have a shot at that. I do think they would probably have more potential guys who could win.

As was mentioned, at this time the LM have one of 3 guys who will win their big shows. I really hope that changes in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    There are way more capable winning cars over on the sprint side. Your assessments suck.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    There are way more capable winning cars over on the sprint side. Your assessments suck.
    I’m glad somebody finally said it

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    As a fan that follows both extensively, you are correct.