Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Mskdorf,

Not sure what race you are talking about. Overton ran the #5 in XR action at All Tech.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I must be thinking of a different race.
    Scott Kleindorfer

The Rumley 5 has only been raced 1 time and that was at All Tech in which Brandon Overton drove it to a 3rd place finish. TMac, Jonathan Davenport and Overton all tested the 5 at Charlotte a week before the World Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    B Shepp is a great driver. Anyone can see that. Last year was not great for Rocket. If things don't improve for them, Oneal will struggle just like B Shepp did. Whatever happens, I hope that one driver and team do not dominate all the big events again. Makes for a boring show
    Exactly. If one brand and team starts to become dominate it gets boring real quick. Personally if it happens I look to see who is advancing thru the field and will focus on that car. You can see some really good racing if you stop watching 1 car dominate. It's the main reason I still attend races. You don't get that with TV coverage. If BP is in attendance the kid is fun to watch. Ole bloomie taught me this, no matter where the zero started, you could be assured he was coming to the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    The Rumley 5 has only been raced 1 time and that was at All Tech in which Brandon Overton drove it to a 3rd place finish. TMac, Jonathan Davenport and Overton all tested the 5 at Charlotte a week before the World Finals.
    It was actually 2 nights at Alltech. He got schooled by a Rocket night #1.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    Overton finished in second place not third

Quote Originally Posted by MIdlmfan View Post
    Overton finished in second place not third
    True and JD won in a Longhorn. Just like most every other high paying purse this year ; When the big money was on the line they delivered and Rocket fell short. They just didn't seem able to get the job done. It could be even more daunting for them this year with even more top drivers switching to the Longhorn brand ? ?

He gonna win some

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    True and JD won in a Longhorn. Just like most every other high paying purse this year ; When the big money was on the line they delivered and Rocket fell short. They just didn't seem able to get the job done. It could be even more daunting for them this year with even more top drivers switching to the Longhorn brand ? ?
    Mark lives in your head rent free on a level with Trump derangement syndrome to liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Rocket did make B Shepp. Where was he prior to driving the rocket house car ? This announcement is shocking to me. I can only say this, terbo tried a horn and didn't like it then went back to his rocket, and I'm sure still has his rocket or 2. The same goes with Sheppard, I think he wants to see if a horn is that much better, if not I think you'll see him back in his rocket. Last year seemed to be a struggle for Brandon, I think he has a lot to show folks in 2023. The people on team valvoline's crew are without any doubt one of the elite crews in slm racing. Hummmm, was B Shepp sick for the lucas banquet or ?????? Hey, maybe DOD knows.
    This post has some very interesting structure to it . . .

I think the ideal scenario would be having a Longhorn for the 1/2 mile and slicked off tracks, and a XR1 for the bullring and hammer down tracks.
    8/13/16

It will be interesting. Brandon won't have any issues.