Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Y’all starting to sound like Pierce fannies…..If Bshepp wouldn’t have been picked for rocket1 he would have been picked by somebody else and probably done pretty good since he and his family might know a thing or forty about racing.

I’m happy for everyone involved, sometimes a fresh start is just what everybody needs…
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Brandon’s 2nd rocket house car tenure 2017-2022 was 100 percent based on talent alone. His first run from 2012-2014 while Josh was trying his hand in NASCAR land was paid for by grandpa and Ed Petroff, it all worked out for the best though. He’ll be fine in a longhorn but this is gonna be the first time in a while he’s not leaning on someone else to get him fast, kinda gotta call your own shots with a Longhorn

^especially on his own island with integra shocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    It's not difficult at all to get the required damping curves. There's not a ton of difference in any of the cars anyway. Nobody involved at Longhorn wants him to fail.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I see Brandon as a guy that can tell people what the car wants…….I think they will be good early and often.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    overton does pretty decent on his own island

Lots of people who spent the last couple years telling everyone how overrated Shepp was because he was beating up on the lesser WOO series are now anointing him as the next Lucas superstar.

I don’t remember anyone ever saying Bshepp was overrated……just that his competition was weaker.
    He regularly beat up on the Lucas guys when he raced them. He’s just a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Lots of people who spent the last couple years telling everyone how overrated Shepp was because he was beating up on the lesser WOO series are now anointing him as the next Lucas superstar.
    If he gets enough help from KR, he will be really fast. If he has someone intelligent enough to make a small positive change to his car, beyond the normal LH baseline, he will be really fast. He's one of the better drivers, but real dominance comes from gaining a mechanical advantage. There are still plenty of places in these cars to gain them. They are way better than they were 10 years ago, but they are still crutched up around bad suspension practices aimed at maximizing downforce.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    He was lucky that he racked up a bunch of wins in the house car with unlimited resourses on the depleted WoO circuit but when he went to the more highly competitive Lucas circuit he was basically an " Also Ran " . . .
    You idiots Crack me up "also ran" they finished second in the points and won the most races on the "elite" series. He got so many awards at the banquet mark had to stay up on stage off to the side while they gave out the few that he or Tim didn't win. I think shepp wants to win more crown jewels and the horns seem to have an advantage their at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    overton does pretty decent on his own island
    That is quite true ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    You idiots Crack me up "also ran" they finished second in the points and won the most races on the "elite" series. He got so many awards at the banquet mark had to stay up on stage off to the side while they gave out the few that he or Tim didn't win. I think shepp wants to win more crown jewels and the horns seem to have an advantage their at the moment.
    The idiots on here think being the 4th or 5th best car on the year is a bad year. Just shows you the bar they have set for themselves.

Just my 2 cents but B-Shepps Illinois throttle smashing driving style fits a Rocket better than a longhorn.

I’m going to predict Hudson O’Neal has a better year than B-shepp in 2023 and everything is going to be just fine at the Rocket camp.

The Rumley 5 (aka Longhorn test car) just got another test pilot. Think about that…a Rumley prepared car, being tested by the likes of Overton, B-Shepp, JD, Timmy, Larson, etc. And yes I realize it’s never been stated that all of these guys will rotate through the seat of the Rumley 5, but one can only assume there will be test sessions held with less paparazzi.

I think Hudson O'neal will at least be able to prevail in some of the high paying events next year .

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    I think Hudson O'neal will at least be able to prevail in some of the high paying events next year .
    He will be very good in Rocket1 too.

I see what's going on with team horn as being very bad for dirt late model racing. If you look back at the history of racing when you see teams out spending the competition in the form of who has the better mechanical engineer on there side, that's not good. Rumley is making team horn look almost unbeatable, and that is not good for racing. Will it make guys switch brands ? Well it already has. To see Shepp and Best switching over is huge, I think they still have there rockets as I said earlier. If you see the 2 of them come out of florida strong the orders at longhorn will be a long list of guys wanting them.

Rumley #5!!!! That’s a good one. Last time I heard that was Overton was supposed to be in it and I recall seeing him in the familiar 76. What happened to that? Seemed like a big announcement then. When I watched the race he wasn’t even in that car. Couldn’t believe nobody on here said anything about it.
    Scott Kleindorfer

Now that young Bobby Pierce is going to be in a Longhorn , its going to be " Katey bar the door " ! !

B Shepp is a great driver. Anyone can see that. Last year was not great for Rocket. If things don't improve for them, Oneal will struggle just like B Shepp did. Whatever happens, I hope that one driver and team do not dominate all the big events again. Makes for a boring show