Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Favorite or Best remembered Christmas gift growing up.

A couple that come to mind for me are a hot wheel sizzler wide track with multiple cars, a cool 5 speed banana seat racing bike with the shifter on the cross bar and in my teens was my first surfboard that my parents couldn’t afford but got me anyway.

I never did figure out how my parents snuck that bike by me, we traveled to Jax fla. to see my grandparents in a pinto station wagon that year ,guess dad had it strapped on the top disguised as luggage.

As dumb and chippy as this place is sometimes I’m sure we are all pretty similar in spirit and can agree that we each have a favorite gift or holiday event that puts a smile on your face when you think about it.

Merry Christmas y’all.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

My Evel Knievel motorcycle that you cranked up and it popped wheelies and went on over jumps, Red rider bb gun, Also a cool 5 speed 24" banana bike, and a pinball machine are a few that I can recall easily.

I had to settle for the Sears and Roebuck banana bike because we lived too remotely to be near a Schwinn dealer. Those old babies go for a premium price now a days.

I was 8 yrs old (1968) living in Rialto California , I got a battery powered Sun/Snowmobile! Don’t remember how but it came with a ski for the front that somehow attached to the front axle ! Maybe i don’t remember because in CA I never had to put the ski on it !

JC Penny’s Wildfire mx bike, GI Joe Tower, and everything else a single Mom couldn’t afford to buy at Christmas.

My most rememberable Christmas had to be when I was around 10 years old giving my cousins some of my presents to them. They were not going to get any presents. My brother and I decided to give them some of ours. The happiness on their faces that they were getting something for Christmas has lasted a lifetime.
    Last edited by ss12; 12-19-2022 at 10:58 AM.
    Haters don't really hate you, in fact they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.

That’s awesome……My kids always got a porcelain doll every year for Christmas from my Mom….they are both grown adults now but got together last week and rounded up all of those dolls(probably 30 or so still in the box collectively) and delivered them to a local food pantry this week to give out to kids for Christmas……it’s a great feeling for them to be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    My Evel Knievel motorcycle that you cranked up and it popped wheelies and went on over jumps, Red rider bb gun, Also a cool 5 speed 24" banana bike, and a pinball machine are a few that I can recall easily.
    I got the Evel Knievel van and all one year (hence my screen name); and excited to say just last year got the remake version of the cycle-my dog hates it! I did the Evel Knievel pinball machine a few years ago as a present to myself...some of us never grow up!

I remember having the ssp Evel Knievel with the t pull…..we used to race them up the sliding board and see how far they would land on the other side.

Good stuff

I still have an SSP smash up derby set …………… the one where you make the cars collide and the parts fly off !

^ ^ Those things were a BLAST ! ! I thought it would be super cool to get a really long thin serpentine belt or some sort of long thin cable tie to have more of a throw to wind one up and see how it would roll across a big parking lot ? Some thing like those big old long cable ties that the use in store parking lots that wrap the whole way around a light pole ? The extra length of the pulling device would get them a zippin even more ! !

Cool

I'm wrapping some coal. Sorry but if the shoe fits, then it fits 365 days a year...
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    I'm wrapping some coal. Sorry but if the shoe fits, then it fits 365 days a year...
    Are you sending the first lump to Joe Biden ? Can one purchase "Lets go Brandon" package wrapping anywhere ? ?

Oh yes, and some more LOL!!!

Whoever thought a kid couldn’t outstretch stretch Armstrong never met a 10 yr old kid……..that one lasted about a week.
    I remember having a fast Eddie marble game that was very cool, and I remember catching my dads shop bench on fire working on my airplane ( one of those string controlled gas powered deals you went around in circles flying).my grandparents collected s%h green stamps and I got that with them things….

Luckily dad was close by or I probably would have burnt the whole shop down…no kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    John Blankenship thanks you……so does the state of West Virginia.

…………….and Joe Manchin !

Had one of those planes also ! Always ended up just using it like a weed wackier on the grass in the field where we flew it ! Still was a lot of fun ! Didn’t they burn nitro methane fuel ?

I once got an electric submarine that ran on batteries and fired torpedoes!!! Got tired of that pretty quick! It was about 3 feet long best I remember.

Yes and DC could use a trainload of it!!!!