Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I had one of those air planes with the engine that took a special fuel. My know it all uncle filled it up with Zippo lighter fluid and it melted the fuel cell and that was the end of that . I never even got the chance to crash it after that !

Default Rocket fuel

And spark with a 10 year old……what could possible go wrong?lol
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Thats like my bb gun , my sister shot out a camp window with it so my dad smashed it around a 6" steel pipe ! Later when he found out that it wasn't me what did it he bought another one then .

My favorite present I guess was an Atari game system man I played the heck out of some pac-man, frogger, pole position, pitfall, and river raiders. Seems like I got that and a bean bag at the same time.

I bought an RC car for my son one time that would go over 60 MPH. We has a full set of pinion gears with the highest one with the fewest teeth actually was the fastest. It would go 0 to 60 in no time.

We put a late model body on it and I made a side board from lexan for it when we went oval racing.

It was a special toy and car. We won lots of trophies and plaques with it.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 12-20-2022 at 02:05 PM.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    I bought an RC car for my son one time that would go over 60 MPH. We has a full set of pinion gears with the highest one with the fewest teeth actually was the fastest. It would go 0 to 60 in no time.We put a late model body on it and I made a side board from lexan for it when we went oval racing.It was a special toy and car. We won lots of trophies and plaques with it.
    So COOOL ! ! The Free to Lay looks like its a Wise choice for sponsorship !

That car meant so much to me. It wound up being stolen from our house and I never saw it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    That car meant so much to me. It wound up being stolen from our house and I never saw it again.
    As Uncle Bill would say " I'd like to nut the sonafa Beech that done that " ! !

1.Hot Wheels with enough track to clamp onto my top bunk and run it down the hallway with a jump at the end!
    2. 1969 Winchester 410 shotgun which i still have.
    3. mini bike.......best surprise!
    4. 20 gauge Browning humpback.....which i traded away like an idiot!
    5. Many bb guns

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    1.Hot Wheels with enough track to clamp onto my top bunk and run it down the hallway with a jump at the end!2. 1969 Winchester 410 shotgun which i still have.3. mini bike.......best surprise!4. 20 gauge Browning humpback.....which i traded away like an idiot!5. Many bb guns
    All great choices ! !

Inherited an AFX track; Dusty Kemp (promotor Larry Kemp's son) showed me how to make wedge bodies for the cars- had a field of Charlie Swartz, Freddy Smith, Rodney Combs, Duvall, Moran, etc. He was quite the artistic type and very successful in the t-shirt world.

One of my favorite presents as a kid was getting a DLM diecast with Rusty Wallace's midnight paint scheme. Needless to say, I was a huge Rusty fan as a kid.

The most surprising gift was as a 16 year old teenager. I had a 95 black chevy S10. Christmas morning, my dad asked me to run up town real quick after opening all of our smaller gifts to grab him a newspaper from a paper rack at a nearby gas station. I was shocked and surprised to hear the loud roar after cranking my truck. Looked up and seen my parents standing on the porch with huge smiles on their faces. My dad had asked to borrow my truck to drive to work a couple of days before as he "said" he was having work done to his truck. Their was a muffler shop literally next to where he worked at. He had a custom exhaust system installed for me. Man what a great memory.
    Last edited by weatherman85; 12-21-2022 at 09:59 AM.

That’s a cool story.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

An older farmer that had been reared on up during the great depression said that his best Christmas gift ever was when as a young teenager the parents were so poor that they cut a hole in his trousers pocket so that he would have something to play with ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    An older farmer that had been reared on up during the great depression said that his best Christmas gift ever was when as a young teenager the parents were so poor that they cut a hole in his trousers pocket so that he would have something to play with ! !
    Man I’m sitting in the deer stand trying to hunt and you’ve done made me burst out laughing guess I can go home now and finish looking on here. Lol

I have said for many years that I was born with my favorite toy !!