Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Whats the over/under that Bshep tested both, and realized what he was missing?
    Or it could be as simple as Riggs is footing the bills for everything and already owns a fleet of Longhorns. Sheppie gets to stay home with the wife and kids more and drive someone else’s stuff. And, maybe Riggs switches to Rockets once his current stable gets closer to being lapped out. I doubt Brandon has forgotten how to drive; he’ll be fine.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

^^Riggs owned a lot more Rockets than his one Longhorn, when Sheppard signed up to drive for him. However, did Sheppard drive a Longhorn and think it was some great revelation that was vastly superior to anything he had ever driven? Almost certainly not.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    BBQ-The burrito comment was a joke because they celebrate gay pride month every day of every month. Also, I love WV because of all the motorcycle rides, I easily put 5000-6000 miles on the Harley every year but do venture into western Maryland, south western Pa., and the Shenendoah Valley in Va. 300 mile day trips are the norm.

over 4T- Other than your comment about people leaving after getting a degree you haven't got a clue. The rust belt referred to the decline of the steel industry which has been going on for 50 years. Fairmont State, now University, offers multiple degrees. Criminal Justice, Safety, Nursing and Aviation easily rival those in Teaching. Many of the students there hail from eastern Ohio and western Pa.
    I got the joke….apparently you missed mine in return.

I love the state, I think West Virginia is one of the most beautiful places America has to offer up .
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

As masters said Riggs had a whole fleet of rockets. But from the outside looking in. It appears the split may not have went as amicable as the pr releases made it seem. Not saying they hate each other or anything but my guess is BShepp felt like he was gonna get the more support from Longhorn. One thing to remember is Longhorn is still relatively young trying to put their stamp on history. especially with the recent ownership change. They seem to be actively going after the top drivers. Rocket has nothing to prove and no matter how many rockets are or aren't on the lucas tour is not going to effect their sales numbers. I'm not saying they don't care I just think their approach is a little different at this point their record and continued success sells itself.

Ummm...excuse me, home boy? Can you tell me how to get to Rocket Chassis?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__3sfTOu9Qk

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    As masters said Riggs had a whole fleet of rockets. But from the outside looking in. It appears the split may not have went as amicable as the pr releases made it seem. Not saying they hate each other or anything but my guess is BShepp felt like he was gonna get the more support from Longhorn. One thing to remember is Longhorn is still relatively young trying to put their stamp on history. especially with the recent ownership change. They seem to be actively going after the top drivers. Rocket has nothing to prove and no matter how many rockets are or aren't on the lucas tour is not going to effect their sales numbers. I'm not saying they don't care I just think their approach is a little different at this point their record and continued success sells itself.
    Past success only sells so long. I agree completely with everything else you said.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    Ummm...excuse me, home boy? Can you tell me how to get to Rocket Chassis? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__3sfTOu9Qk
    Gee; I don't know why the guy had tturn around and show us the second time because one trip through was quite enough ! ! Looks like a pharmacy, grocery store, and an auto parts store is the only thing they have going for it ? ? The cemetery at the beginning is the biggest thing in the whole town .

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Past success only sells so long. I agree completely with everything else you said.
    Oh I agree completely. My point was more along the lines of the house car program isn't going anywhere and will continue to be one of the most successful teams regardless of how many guys jump on the newest bandwagon. They will put in the work and continue to be in contention at the top. No matter how the eledged Longhorn/ rocket rivalry is hyped up on the internet. I'm also in no way insinuating that Longhorn is a fade.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    "As has been said before ; " You can't polish an old TURD " ! ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Gee; I don't know why the guy had tturn around and show us the second time because one trip through was quite enough ! ! Looks like a pharmacy, grocery store, and an auto parts store is the only thing they have going for it ? ? The cemetery at the beginning is the biggest thing in the whole town .
    I was looking at pictures of it before I found the video and that pharmacy, auto parts and dollar store complex was up for sale somewhat recently. I should buy them! Rename it Longhorn Mall. LOL

I did think that video was great though. The funny thing was that while I was watching it, John Denver's "Thank God I'm A Country Boy" came on the radio. It was just so perfect. I'm no Rocket/Richards fan unless you're talking about Keith, but I'd love to live in a place like that. Sadly, I doubt places like that will last and in another 50-100 years they will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    I was looking at pictures of it before I found the video and that pharmacy, auto parts and dollar store complex was up for sale somewhat recently. I should buy them! Rename it Longhorn Mall. LOLI did think that video was great though. The funny thing was that while I was watching it, John Denver's "Thank God I'm A Country Boy" came on the radio. It was just so perfect. I'm no Rocket/Richards fan unless you're talking about Keith, but I'd love to live in a place like that. Sadly, I doubt places like that will last and in another 50-100 years they will be gone.
    Awesomely Well Written !! Late at night I will play a video of " Sympathy for The Devil " so that I can see the good Richards man wailing out the greatest and most famous guitar solo ever ! !Why don't you just name the place LOSERVILLE and not insult the Longhorns ? The video didn't get the outter part of the main drag where the back part of the houses are built on stilts and a good wind or snow storm coul send the dwelling reeling downward into the hollar ! !

Once upon a time there was Howe, Bullit, Rayburn, Larry Shaw, AmericanMade, GRT, and Mastersbilt. The sun sets on everyone eventually. Rocket has had a very long stay at the top, but it sure seems like Longhorn is definitely a thorn in their side.

Quote Originally Posted by FlatTire View Post
    Once upon a time there was Howe, Bullit, Rayburn, Larry Shaw, AmericanMade, GRT, and Mastersbilt. The sun sets on everyone eventually. Rocket has had a very long stay at the top, but it sure seems like Longhorn is definitely a thorn in their side.
    Or rather " A HORN in their side " ! !

Mess with the bull you get the horn sometime………..I’m happy that Rocket has the competition, normally that makes everyone better.

^^^ Maybe more competition than they can handle ? ? ^^^

Capital has been looking fast too.

Although I enjoy the chassis wars, there is much more that goes into who wins than the chassis they are driving. I threw my support to Longhorn after the Casey Roberts/Josh Richards dust ups. It also helped that Casey, JD and Fergy were all in Longhorns at the time.

It's always been my opinion that the crew chief and driver are more important than the chassis. Look at how well Robertson is doing in that Mastersbilt. You don't have to go back very far to find a time where there were top drivers and teams in Capital, Barry Wright, Bloomquist, Black Diamond/Club 29, Warrior, and MB Customs not to mention chassis brands like Swartz, Mastersbilt and Kryptonite with good regional drivers/teams. In my opinion, this is one of the few times I support diversity and I don't see Rocket and Longhorn dominating the sport being a good thing any more than having only one national touring series is a good thing.

The days of most people building their own cars are gone, but in my opinion, one of the worst things that could happen to dirt late models is for one chassis builder to dominate. I don't like Rocket, but with so many of the top drivers in Longhorns now and other chassis brands becoming fewer and fewer, it takes some of the fun out of it for me. I like watching Longhorns beat Rockets. If there are no Rockets, then who is left to root against? So be careful what you wish for Longhorn friends, it won't be nearly as fun without Rocket to kick around or Mark Richards to get punched out. LOL

can't we all just get along?
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

The 101/1 deal didn’t just happen at one track but that’s about the same time I started disrespecting too snake….……i don’t wish Ill or harm on any of them but after watching that close up back then it’s good to see them running second these days.

I love the whole ford/Chevy vibe to the rocket longhorn discussion.

@BBQ - Same here. I remember when it was all going down you were quite vocal about Casey being done wrong. I can't remember exactly when Casey punched out Josh. I think it was 2016.

I also agree on the Ford/Chevy thing with Longhorn and Rocket. It adds a fun sub-plot to the races. It's the same with Lucas vs WoO. although recently there isn't much left of that rivalry. That's why I hope Bobby Pierce sticks with WoO. It would make things a bit more interesting for bragging rights at the Crown Jewels.