Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Outside looking in were only seeing 1 side of the real story. I'd say there's more internal stuff w it than what we're seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG MAC ATTACK View Post
    Mark Richards pretty much made B Shep a star,then he sticks it right in him deep switching to Longhorn,shows how much B Shep appreciates him,all the BS about staying home close to his family,almost like a college football portal
    ^^ Well written ! ! ^ ^

Yes. Shinnston is definitely not paradise

So now we've gone as low to start dishing on places people live ? WOW, this is getting to be like a f*ck in soap opera.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Yes. Shinnston is definitely not paradise
    Idiot............

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    I worked at the big power plant just outside of Shinnston for 40 yrs. The Rocket shop is not in Shinnston but a 7-8 mile drive away across Saltwell Rd. When Bridgeport expanded for the FBI and hospital area they are now right against the Rocket property. Has always been listed as Shinnston because of the zip code associated with Saltwell Rd. I drove past the shop and Mark's house everyday for 15 years. Morgantown has Bridgeport beat because of 2 major hospitals and WVU. BBQ likes Snowshoe and Davis. The ski area is full of Gen X and Z douches, and Davis has a bunch of wanna be hippie homos.
    I went to school in Morgantown. It’s a sh!T hole unless you’re a 18-24 year old young man. As far as wanting to live there, I would never.

And I ski right by them in my carhartt overalls and Eddie carrier jr beanie……..I don’t fit into groups real well bud, especially ones that are strictly generational.

Shinneston might be beautiful but it’s most famous resident is the largest douche in West Virginia…..kinda like the smoking hot girl that looks great until she opens her mouth and starts speaking.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Pennsboro-I was born, raised and live near Fairmont. That's the real sh!thole in the area but the expansion of the other two has slowly started to trickle Fairmonts way. I'll still go with Motown.
    BBQ-You sound like a real Hellbender Burrito's kind of guy. If you know, you know.

I’m really more of gas station chili dog and Dr. pepper kind of guy……same concept, if you know you know.
    We have a bunch of transplanted west Virginians in the region I live in…..almost all of them say WV is a sheet hole to live in. Not sure how true or untrue that really is. I think the state is beautiful.

My visits to the state normally involve skiing or fishing and both areas ( snowshoe and Davis) provide some of the best east coast skiing around…can’t help it’s local residents are nuttier than a fruitcake,

BBQ, it’s all a matter of opinion. What one likes and dislikes may be different than the next person. If you’re into fishing, skiing, hunting, racing, etc, West Virginia is a pretty decent state. If you’re not into that kind of stuff, there’s not much else for you to do, you may move away and call the place a dump. All depends on what you enjoy I reckon.

I'd love to live in WV. Give me 25-50 acres in the mountains and I'd be in heaven. Unfortunately, my seeds were planted elsewhere.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I'd love to live in WV. Give me 25-50 acres in the mountains and I'd be in heaven. Unfortunately, my seeds were planted elsewhere.
    I agree….we are coastal flatlanders and love the mountains….but every time I talk about moving there people from the mountains tell me I’m crazy.
    We don’t know anything really except coastal living because that’s where our roots are, but every time I’m in the NC or WV mountains I always think of how great it would be to live in them permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Dont you have kin out that way (the Whittaker's)?

The State Teachers' College in Fairmont is where my high school in NE Ohio got most of our teachers. They were cheap to hire at our small school and many of them came from the coal mining families who told them to get an education and get out of WV. Then if teaching didn't work out for you there were, emphasis on were, lots of coal shoveling jobs in the factories before it became known as the Rust Belt.

to post #7 , " Kevin Rumleys magic wand " am I mistaken but didn't kevin go help rocket a few years back ? about the time they got going again ? correct me if I,m wrong ......

Kevin was the X factor wasn’t he? Or was that just burn barrel chatter?

BBQ-The burrito comment was a joke because they celebrate gay pride month every day of every month. Also, I love WV because of all the motorcycle rides, I easily put 5000-6000 miles on the Harley every year but do venture into western Maryland, south western Pa., and the Shenendoah Valley in Va. 300 mile day trips are the norm.

over 4T- Other than your comment about people leaving after getting a degree you haven't got a clue. The rust belt referred to the decline of the steel industry which has been going on for 50 years. Fairmont State, now University, offers multiple degrees. Criminal Justice, Safety, Nursing and Aviation easily rival those in Teaching. Many of the students there hail from eastern Ohio and western Pa.

Sorry BB55 but I know what was going on 60+ years ago, the time period I was referring to. Fairmont may well be a fine school now but it was largely a teachers' college back then and students were in the majority of being from the region. We also had a large number of no college West Virginia folks who came up for the factory jobs and to get out of the mines.

As far as you telling me what the rust Belt was/is I grew up in it and am quite aware of the origin of the nickname. My Dad and Grandfather were home builders and many of their customers were transfers to the many steel and manufacturing plants in the area. In the late 1950s we saw a plant or two close every year with a lot of layoffs and as a result the Great Lakes iron ore and coal ships became fewer as did the people working for New York Central and Pennsylvania railroads. Construction work drastically slowed and the handwriting was on the wall.

The towns' populations started to shrink, which still continues today, and my family left in 1960 for California and greener and warmer pastures. Best thing we ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Outside looking in were only seeing 1 side of the real story. I'd say there's more internal stuff w it than what we're seeing.
    We’ve seen the DoD version, and Mark is professional enough to keep the real drama to himself.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Whats the over/under that Bshep tested both, and realized what he was missing?