Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Woo anouncer

has he learned the difference in a quarter panel and a ( rear nose peace ) ??

Quote Originally Posted by MIdlmfan View Post
    Happy for Ruben, he use to announce like every lap was the last lap at the Indianapolis 500, but he has reigned that in and has become very solid IMHO
    Some of those old boys raise their octave level so much it is as if somebody is standing behind them poking them in the azz with their thumb each time they say a word ? ?

He sucks,,,,doesn't know anything about a racecar
    We build fast race cars,,not race cars fast!

Quote Originally Posted by backspace View Post
    But yet is now the voice of WoO.

Quote Originally Posted by Black F View Post
    But yet is now the voice of WoO.
    Backspace red azzed cuz he didn't get the roll

Quote Originally Posted by backspace View Post
    I'm sorry that you didn't get the position.

He could not have been their choice so much. Just the one to agree to be on the road so much, and for that level of pay. Who really knows. He has gotten better.

Quote Originally Posted by champion24 View Post
    He could not have been their choice so much. Just the one to agree to be on the road so much, and for that level of pay. Who really knows. He has gotten better.
    Agreed what choices did they really have James Essex? He isn’t going anywhere … I think Ruben took to heart some of the criticism of being too exuberant and has settled down to be a good solid announcer … I don’t really care whether he knows racecars or not most fans don’t no race cars either more importantly what I want him to do if I am watching dirt vision is to keep me up-to-date with what is happening back in the pack that is not on the screen but might be noteworthy as the race proceeds

Unfortunately we have all heard it. The announcer is talking about one area of the track and the camera is someplace else. These broadcasts are done with sometimes 1 guy on a camera focusing on track and a second guy roaming with a pit reporter and that's about it. I'm glad we have what we have, as I said previously, Reuben calmed down a lot and I thought he matured and learned something. A lot of people think that's a easy job, with social media, nah I wouldn't do it.