Default Think of the Animals

High winds, snow, zero degree weather hitting the midwest east, and south. Bring your cats and dogs in the house. And let's hope the birds and rodents can find refuge, help them out too if you can!
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 12-23-2022 at 01:45 PM.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    High winds, snow, zero degree weather hitting the midwest east, and south. Bring your cats and dogs in the house. And the birds and rodents can find refuge, help them out too if you can!
    Gonna get colder than old Nancy Ps chest with a straw bra on ! !

Funny how it went from rodents straight to Mrs. Pelosi………the irony is huge.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Dealing with it right now. This is as much snow as we've had for Christmas in a while but man is it cold out. The snow that came last week was preceded by rain and then the first blanket was really wet. Plowing was tough but the old truck got it done, then a bit of a breakdown to fix. Knowing that the light stuff and the wind was coming I pushed the snow back at least 75 feet from the driveways to let it drift there. Now we got some more and they say high winds the next couple days.

I am actually surprised we haven't lost more trees. The wet stuff from last week stuck to everything and trees are drooping everywhere. Driving down the roads is like driving through the Bat Cave from the old Batman show. I hope the wind doesn't knock off branches and put out the power cause with the below zero temps and wind chills, it would really suck.

I'm in the middle of Wisconsin and there are other places around the state getting it worse. At least I shouldn't get more snow, just wind. At the end of my ten day forecast is three days of 40 degrees and rain right around New Years. Fun stuff.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

It’s getting in the teens here for a few nights….that’s plenty dam cold, if it’s this cold it needs to snow.

Morgs I know you have to deal with it as part of your life and I can see where that would kinda suk sometimes……but, a snow covered beach at low tide is about as good as it gets for sheer beauty.
    My kids were riding bikes before they ever saw their first snowfall in their own yard. We went to snow a lot to ski etc…. just didn’t get to see much of it around the house.

Our whole system closes up for a couple inches of snow….kids out of school, govt offices close, etc….it’s crazy but it’s real.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

High winds, snow, zero degree weather hitting the midwest east, and south. Bring your cats and dogs in the house. And the birds and rodents can find refuge, help them out too if you can!
    Amen brother 👍

Thank God our Siberian Husky girl is an inside diva. Our male that we had loved it outside. Even if it was - 25 with the wind chill he would lay on the snow bank instead of going into his insulated coop ! If we made him come inside he would be a whining to go back out as soon as he fueled back up with food and water.

10 degrees down here in tide country , you folks up north please be safe , I will be glad when some of that global warming comes back ....lol....

BBQ Boenher just cried again for that wonderful Pelosi!!! What is wrong with the man? Must have a sentimental spot for Commies I guess...

Boehner has always been a blubbering bawl baby. He must have one of those "conditions" you see advertised on TV. Inappropriate laughter or crying for no apparent reason. Maybe brought on from smoking too many cigarettes in his tanning bed.

Get a grip John you won't have enough left to p##. For cr!ssakes, old Vodka Queen Butterbags is an evil witch. I hate to admit it but a lot of Republicans could take lessons in being ruthless from that hag. She never apologizes to nobody, not ever.
    Last edited by Morgs153; 12-23-2022 at 04:39 PM.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

High winds, snow, zero degree weather hitting the midwest east, and south. Bring your cats and dogs in the house. And let's hope the birds and rodents can find refuge, help them out too if you can!
    You sir are a true CHAMPION of animals ! !

Our horses have got their winter coats and are ready for the weather. The younger one, a retired racehorse, is 10 and loves the snow. He came from Virginia through Florida and Texas before we got him a couple of years ago and don't think he'd seen snow before he moved to the Sierra Nevada foothills. The older boy, 29 now, has been here his whole life and tolerates it.

The goats and sheep don't seem to mind cold but the dogs and cat go in and out all day long. Growing up along the Great Lakes I'm used to it but thankful I don't still live there. Friends that still do all go to Florida in the winter. My kids were born and raised out here so they love to hit the mountains and the snow and don't really understand why their old man doesn't. They never shoveled your way out in the morning and then back in that evening.

Hope everyone has a good Holiday season and that you are warm and the power doesn't go out for you.

Keep the deer hounds inside when its this cold. Its only in the 20's but the wind has it in the teens. Thats cold for a Florida boy who likes cold weather!

They had snow this morning, just west of Lake Okechobee!

I do know that in some areas that have trotters and other race horses that the race is cancelled when the temp gets down to 17 degrees. They are afraid that the cold air will burn the animals lungs .

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Thank God our Siberian Husky girl is an inside diva. Our male that we had loved it outside. Even if it was - 25 with the wind chill he would lay on the snow bank instead of going into his insulated coop ! If we made him come inside he would be a whining to go back out as soon as he fueled back up with food and water.
    That sound like a real Hot Dog!!! lol

I wonder how the birds make it when it gets zero and the snow has covered the ground. How do they get enough food. I found this sad info.

Are birds starving winter?
    Very unlikely during normal winter weather. Many birds do die through starvation in winter, but it's only if freezing temperatures continue without a thaw in the daytime for several days in a row that there's a likelihood of mass deaths.

I wonder how the birds make it when it gets zero and the snow has covered the ground. How do they get enough food. I found this sad info.Are birds starving winter?Very unlikely during normal winter weather. Many birds do die through starvation in winter, but it's only if freezing temperatures continue without a thaw in the daytime for several days in a row that there's a likelihood of mass deaths.
    We watch the wild turkeys in our fields in a freezing rain trying to get airborne. They run like a banshee and flab their wings but cannot get on off the ground ! !

I wonder how the birds make it when it gets zero and the snow has covered the ground. How do they get enough food. I found this sad info.Are birds starving winter?Very unlikely during normal winter weather. Many birds do die through starvation in winter, but it's only if freezing temperatures continue without a thaw in the daytime for several days in a row that there's a likelihood of mass deaths.
    We watch the wild turkeys in our fields in a freezing rain trying to get airborne. They run like a banshee and flab their wings but cannot get on off the ground ! !