Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yes, CNN and MSNBC are biased too. It's not on the same level though. Like most everything else, the left is a little whacky, the right is way whackier. It's not even close.

Youve just exposed your level of ignorance!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Yes, CNN and MSNBC are biased too. It's not on the same level though. Like most everything else, the left is a little whacky, the right is way whackier. It's not even close.

Youve just exposed your level of ignorance!
    Good debate.

Take care.

Theres no debating a left wing extremist!

You'll never accept the truth, no matter who states it!

Quote Originally Posted by jr29 View Post
    As I’ve said many times, I’m about as down the middle as you can get when it comes to politics. The main street media, all of it, lean to the left. Fox and Newsmax lean to the right. Add in the left leaning talk shows --- and its like 15+ to 2 left leaning to right leaning.

Come to a rural area and find left wing radio. It is 100% conservative and people love it. American Family Radio, Fox News Radio, local shows...all conservative.
    And my point was that Fox News and Newsmax are nuttier than CNN or MSNBC. Maddow is awful, O'donnell isn't much better, but almost everyone on Fox News and Newsmax are as bad as them. The Fox News folks are openly admitting that they know they are lying. Fox also destroys all of them in the ratings so you don't get more mainstream.
    And there's never been a left wing Alex Jones. He was huge, but we see how that worked out.

I will concede that there are more outlets that skew left. Some to a large degree some much less. However, I'd bet right wing media reaches more people.
    Last edited by jr29; 12-24-2022 at 06:05 PM.

However, I'd bet right wing media reaches more people.
    Judging from your postings only ---- I’d say you are more Liberal biased than the next guy is why you say that, IMO.

Left-wing conspiracy theories - https://i2i.org/left-wing-conspiracy-theories/

Many leftists seem to get a thrill from fantasies about right-wing violence. In the real world, however, large-scale domestic violence and intimidation come almost exclusively from the left rather than the right.

Conspiracy Beliefs are Not Increasing nor Exclusive to the Right - https://www.niskanencenter.org/consp...-to-the-right/

Conspiracy Theories Are Not a Partisan Phenomenon - https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...ee7_story.html

The point here is not to excuse the views of right-wing conspiracy theorists. But it is easy to dismiss voters as brain-poisoned by misinformation when the truth is that most voters on both sides are not especially well-informed, and never have been.

How the Left Lost Its Mind - https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...swamps/530736/

Updated for clarification on July 26, 2017.

Last month, Democratic Senator Ed Markey delivered what seemed like an explosive bit of news during an interview with CNN: A grand jury had been impaneled in New York, he said, to investigate the Trump campaign’s alleged collusion with Russia.

The only problem: It wasn’t true.

Default Pick your poison

There are lies on the left. I never said otherwise. The right lies more and the lies are nuttier though. It's not even close.

And one of the lies in one of those articles was something about all conservatives loving Reagan. That is an incredibly weak example.
    Also, if I post an article from The Hill it seems to be dismissed as liberal media nonsense. We can't have it both ways.

Also, if I post an article from The Hill it seems to be dismissed as liberal media nonsense. We can't have it both ways.
    I don’t care for that type of unfairness either.

Merry Christmas!

The right lies more and the lies are nuttier though. It's not even close.
    Personally, based on my opinion only, I think your statement/opinion is incorrect. Again, I think your Liberal bias is clouding your objective judgment. Then especially knowing Liberals, or Democrats, are moving away from the Democrat party, I find your statement/opinion hard to believe --- that the Rights lies are more and are nuttier. Personally, I say the Left is tired of the Left lying and all of the shenanigans that come with.

More than 1 million voters switch to GOP, raising alarm for Democrats - https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...-for-democrats

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    Personally, based on my opinion only, I think your statement/opinion is incorrect. Again, I think your Liberal bias is clouding your objective judgment. Then especially knowing Liberals, or Democrats, are moving away from the Democrat party, I find your statement/opinion hard to believe --- that the Rights lies are more and are nuttier. Personally, I say the Left is tired of the Left lying and all of the shenanigans that come with.

More than 1 million voters switch to GOP, raising alarm for Democrats - https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...-for-democrats
    The left does not have a guy or gal like Alex Jones. Someone that nutty but with that big of an audience has never existed on the left. The left does not have a network in the bag for anyone the way Newsmax or OAN is in the bag for Trump and the right. And btw, in my opinion, we can thank the conservative darling, Ronald Reagan for a lot of the network partisanship. He was responsible for the abolishment of the Fairness Doctrine which has allowed these networks to operate the way they do.
    I am fairly liberal but totally willing to vote for a moderate Republican. For instance, I'm a Tennessean and given the choice I'd happily vote for our last Governor, Bill Haslam, who was a Republican. I'm not of fan of the AOC, Omar wing of the Democratic party.
    That News Hour article was from last summer. The mid-terms kinda make that piece moot. The mid-terms definitely told us the majority is tired of the lies and antics on the far right. I don't even see how that is debatable. If Democratic voters move away from Dems and start supporting Republicans in the middle then I consider it a win.

I appreciate the sane, reasonable discussion.
    Last edited by jr29; 12-25-2022 at 03:33 PM.

That piece also consisted of information compiled before the overturning of Roe and, whether Republicans want to admit it or not, the economy seeing some pretty decent progress.

Yes Fox News has the Foxes

the economy seeing some pretty decent progress.

Gas is up 29.7% since Biden took office........your calculator must be a leftist!

The left does not have a guy or gal like Alex Jones.
    Alex Jones is a far-far right wing extremist conspiracy theorist that had a talk show. Nothing more than that. Not sure how many people really believed his insanity. Sandy Hook included, I think he is irrelevant as a whole, but that’s just me.

The left does not have a network in the bag for anyone the way Newsmax or OAN is in the bag for Trump and the right.
    I disagree. The Left has, ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, PBS, NPR, Jimmy Kimmel, The View, and the likes of that are all in the bag for Liberals.