Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Mexican fellow that worked for me near 20 years told me his New Year's Day tradition was Menudo, the Mexican tripe soup that they swear kills hangovers. Tried it once or twice and couldn't get it down but then I never spent New Year's Eve with Too-kill-ya like Manuel did.

Man I miss my grandmother’s creamed corn……that was always one of the holiday meal staples when we went down to Jacksonville for the holidays, her oyster stuffing is something else I miss from those times.

Good stuff everyone, thanks for sharing.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    Mexican fellow that worked for me near 20 years told me his New Year's Day tradition was Menudo, the Mexican tripe soup that they swear kills hangovers. Tried it once or twice and couldn't get it down but then I never spent New Year's Eve with Too-kill-ya like Manuel did.
    I tried the can version and felt the same way…….Fred Sanford and Rallo had an episode or two that talked about menudo, I guess I tried it just because of that memory.

Wish I wouldn’t have……I have a great friend that tells me cow tongue tacos are awesome too, I haven’t made it that far yet.

We always did the Whole Turkey deal at both Thanksgiving and Christmas. Halloween not really anything but candy. New Years Eve always had Ruffles and dip around, and New Years Day pig out on boiled Jumbo Shrimp.

This NYE we just going to feast on Buckeyes….😉.

Go Dawgs and Happy New Year.

That’s just the appetizer for the dawgs……I’d like to see them hang about 60 points on the bucks.

Could any of you good people adopt me for a week?? I need to catch up on some real good eatins!!!!

Last edited by Buford.Justice; 12-30-2022 at 02:41 PM.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

New Year's Day is always black eye peas with smocked ham hocks and jalapeńo corn muffins. It's supposed to bring good luck for the year.

Grilled hot dogs and burgers for Independence Day.

Thanksgiving is Grandma's baked turkey, with stuffing, smoked ham, green bean casserole, scalloped potatoes, yeast rolls, Asparagus with coconut meringue and pumpkin pie for desert.

Christmas is homemade lasagna because everybody is tired of eating leftover turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    Could any of you good people adopt me for a week?? I need to catch up on some real good eatins!!!!

Always welcome at our table or tailgate CW……Let me know when you’re heading south.

BBQ, in all honesty I just hope we win. We match up well with Michigan or TCU. Ohio St does some things well that we struggle with from time to time.

Back on topic.
    Gotta have some greens and black eyed peas on New Year’s Day

Me too brother me too…….we have some obnoxious Buckeye fans in the neighborhood, they would probably paint their house scarlet and grey , oh wait, they already did that.

Speaking of dawgs…. Split dog, insert cheddar, wrap with bacon and bake until bacon is crispy….that’s a dawg.

Man I miss my grandmother’s creamed corn……that was always one of the holiday meal staples when we went down to Jacksonville for the holidays, her oyster stuffing is something else I miss from those times.

Good stuff everyone, thanks for sharing.

Do we have the same granny? lol
    Honestly, she could cook this keyboard and it would be to die for. the best country cook i have ever known!

Christmas Eve tradition with about 40 church friends and family.......we have a southern breakfast buffet, complete with a chef who makes individual omelets. Sides such as country grits, pork and deer sausage, 3/8 inch thick cut bacon, fried chunked venison backstrap, and many desserts inc 7 layer choc cake!

Christmas......I prefer ham over turkey, baked mac n cheese (the best youll ever eat), potato salad, lima beans and rice, and squash caserole. Satin choc pie, homemade fudge, and various cookies!

New Years.....fried pork chops, black-eyed peas and rice, collard or mustard greens. Left over desserts from Christmas!

Glad to see a few folks putting Hoppin’ John on their tables.

Christmas Day prime rib had to be cooked indoors this year due to it being colder than a witch’s t!t. Usually smoked it in barrel or grill it over hickory. Just not the same in the oven but still tasty.
    "Ain't it good to be alive and raisin' hell in Tennessee!" - Dusty Rhodes (1988)

BBQ I have no doubt you would. It's the thought that counts. My race traveling has been on hold for a while. My racing buddy of 40 years is no longer with us.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

BBQ , My racing buddy of 40 years is no longer with us.
    My condolences! Its tough when your best buddy is gone.

BBQ I have no doubt you would. It's the thought that counts. My race traveling has been on hold for a while. My racing buddy of 40 years is no longer with us.
    Condolences sir, I’ll save you a couple bowls of chicken bog and snap beans.

Dam Zero, if we don’t have the same grandmas they were probably neighbors……your grandma happen to live on spring glen and shop at skinners dairy mart per chance?

Love the breakfast buffet Idea……

Nope, that would be too cityfied for my redneck family! lol

They lived out in the far westside of the county, out in the woods!

You know youre country when you shoot a mess of squirrels in the morning, and your granny cooks them for breakfast with eggs and grits! lol

Jacksonville is an awesome city, it’s got a little bit of everything….

Let's get ta EATIN'!!

PIZZA!!!