Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Nothing new vittle wise, but at a Christmas party, one brought a charcuterie board. I took a cracker, put a piece of good pepperjack cheese, a piece of deer sausage, and topped it off with hot honey! I almost ate all of the deer sausage, lol!
    I can honestly say ( and I’m not real sure how because I love it) ,I’ve never seen or made a board with deer sausage on it……..gonna have to do that one.

Never thought of hot honey on something like that either……doing it too, lol.

Thanks, zero
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Tried a replica of something we’ve made scratch but didn’t feel like it tonight…..those crabcake stuffed onion rings.
    Normally it’s our crab cake recipe stuffed inside of a raw onion ring, battered in buttermilk and flour and deep fried. Tonight it was Nathan’s pre made onion rings,Phillips pre made crabcake thawed and stuffed inside the onion ring( place in your hand and flatten it in with your other inside the frozen onion ring) and cooked in the air fryer…..the sauce was mayo,bacon and banana peppers in the blender.

Fresh is always better, this is better in 15 minutes.

That dang hot honey is good with about anything I’ve almost become addicted to it

I'm more of a conasewer than a cook ! !

Finally got to do a meal at the track for some guys we help this past weekend.,….smoked chicken thighs shredded and put back in their own juice…..steamed.chunked potatoes,carrots/onions and celery..…fried cabbage and sticky white rice for after race dinner.

We had a pan of brisket burnt ends in Sonny’s sauce in the freezer from a cook a while back so threw it in the smoker with the chicken and brought it for snacks ……fed about 15 including some neighbors around us.

We cooked the cabbage and the rice at the track , but all the rest was cooked at home and we panned it up, stuffed it in a clean yeti with no ice and it stayed about as hot as it was when I put it in there when we ate about 6/7 hrs later……highly recommend that method if your feeding a crowd and you don’t want to fool with cooking a bunch at the track.

What did y’all do at the track for food this weekend?